TGIF - Life should be fun, so what are you DOING about it?

Old 01-12-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink TGIF - Life should be fun, so what are you DOING about it?

What's on tap this weekend folks?

Where are you finding Joy & Happiness or ways to express your Appreciation?

How are you taking care of You, the needs You have Right Now, for where you stand today?

How are you planning on showing yourself love & respect this weekend?
Old 01-12-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a night out planned with friends after work today.

A good client just gifted me the most sarcastic, rude & vulgar coloring book (she really knows me!) so I will absolutely be making time to color now, lol!

I already started last night on my DIY girlie-stuff that I'm such a fan of - figured, Thursday is really just another name for Friday Eve, so why not?

I'm not looking forward to my cleaning/rearranging/taking down Christmas decorations tasks - but I AM looking forward to having those spaces cleaned & organized again.

I'm checking into joining a gym this weekend.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I plan to visit here this weekend, haven't gone for a few years and I think it's just the ticket, in this cold: https://milwaukeedomes.org/

I've also recently bought a few tabletop fountains (bought one and loved the sound of the running water so much I had to buy one for each room!). Now I'm looking for small plants and appropriate pots for them as well as other interesting or unusual items to put with the fountains. I doubt I'd have been quite as hooked on these if I'd found them in summer, but in the winter in Wisconsin, any trace of greenery and liquid water is just heaven!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

honeypig.....those Domes just blow me away! I wish that I had something like this when my kids were little......

I love those fountains, too. In fact, last Christmas, I gave my daughter one to put on the wall...a patio style.
There are so many different kinds.....could you show us a photo of one of yours?
I have made a "pool" for my dogs, on the patio. I used a very, very large Italian pasta bowl...that my brother-in-law had given us....surrounded it with stones that I had gathered...and, then, used fake grasses and plants (waterproof ones) that I ordered online (they looked absolutely real, and were care free)....I , also, put a mirror in the bottom of the bowl to enhance the optics...lol....
I surrounded the whole display with impatients, at different levels.....The whole thing turned out to be a real show stopper, and the plastic grasses were the only expense involved.
Basically, it was the outdoor watering bowl for the dogs....

www.afloral.com

In case anyone is interested........The above website has really good selection of realistic flowers and plants....as well as preserved items....not the cheapest site, but is the best one, I thing....especially if you get their sale items....
Old 01-12-2018, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Here is a closeup of one of the fountains itself:

And here is my little scene--the "pieces of birch wood" are actually candles that I found at Goodwill a week or so ago!

Old 01-12-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Love it! I, also, like the brass planter that the healthy looking plant is in.....
It all comes together, beautifully.....
Old 01-12-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is the greatest weekend ever. We have Monday OFF, for one thing!

Last night I played in the first of THREE Dungeons & Dragons games I have through Monday night, and on Sunday we'll go see the premiere of the children's show my theatre company is currently producing. Best of all, I never have to be anywhere before 1 pm on any of the three days, which means my life-saving, self-care morning weekend ritual of tea and writing in my sunroom will be perfectly intact.

Hope everyone finds their bliss this weekend, even if just a little bit!
Old 01-12-2018, 11:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh I love all your weekend plans, and Honeypig - that's just SO COOL!

I am not getting outside enough or enough exercise...feeling a big lack of motivation with home chores and even just taking walks. I miss my dog - he got me out so often, and the cold and dark of winter just has me down and experiencing cabin fever.

So....I'm taking some responsibility this weekend and plan on cooking every meal as a healthy one, cleaning, hiking, maybe some fishing, and making a point of getting some vitamin D this weekend!

Happy Friday all!
Old 01-12-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Walking meditation/listening to what opens up on my path through the day.

Yesterday that lead me to donating more to a small faith based thrift store... and then through a playful route to having lunch with my husband at a Greek restaurant at the mall while talking with the owners, their family members and watching Eurovision with them.

The rest of the day followed suit... fun, playfulness and allowing. Often that allowing opens me up for processing more trauma and pain... and it's becoming a supportive healing through each moment.

Yesterday snowflakes were a big part of the playfulness of my day.

Today, I woke early... enjoyed the snowy winterland and tall pines outside... simply enjoying ALL of this moment-to-moment. No pre-formed plans.

I'm currently feeling very closed off to letting myself process pain... today, right now... so awareness is there, acceptance is finally here... actions will be pray... and follow.

Hot yoga earlier this week really opened up a lot inside me physically and emotionally.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's my birthday weekend. Coworkers had a lunch for me today with leftovers to take home (including birthday cake).

My son sent my bday present and I have to pick it up at the post office (it required a signature).

I have a gift certificate for a pedicure that I'm using this weekend and I'm off work on Monday.

I'm pretty happy about this weekend of peace and quiet MY WAY.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So inspiring to read! Sounds like everyone will be enjoying themselves! I am going out with a couple of former colleagues tonight to dinner and maybe somewhere after. Many times Abf will ask that he meet me afterward at home and I always feel I am on a timer with him waiting for me to end my night, but no. Tonight I will be "timed" free and stay out as long as I want to!

Next weekend I have my best friend in town who is staying with me so tomorrow I will be cleaning my apartment and scrubbing the carpets. Getting everything ready for her stay! Going to also make a short trip out to Ikea and find a new area rug that I am in desperate need of. Sunday all of my siblings and I will be going to my parents house to celebrate my sister in-law's birthday with a great dinner and a round of Scrabble afterward. My little nephews will be there too and I can't wait to squeeze them!
Old 01-12-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love this thread and all these nice things you are all doing for yourselves!

I've been laid up with a bad cold, but it seems to be headed out soon so that's good. Ate good, healthy food all week and drank a ton of water and slept a lot and took time off work (bless my work - it really is the best) and feel like I'm beginning to feel a little better.

I missed some of my favorite events this week but it was good, in the past I would've gone anyway and pushed myself too hard and stayed sick longer.

Tonight it appears we're going to be staging a bit of a mental health intervention for a friend, which isn't fun but needs to be done. The good news is that I feel healthy enough myself to try to help her.

On a lighter note, I think a guy in his early 20s has a crush on me maybe, and it's really cute and a bit of an ego boost.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

PARTY IN THE HOUSE ALL WEEK!!!

Happy Birthday, Learning14!!!!

Old 01-12-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Honeypig....I love your set up!

Learning14...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!1

The weather is nasty here, so I don't plan on dong much. Going to binge watch some Netflix. I have been so busy that to just sit and relax will be good. Celebrating a friend's bday this Sunday, so I have to go get something for her tomorrow. Do a workout (likely not super fun, but productive). Go to church. Try to be in the moment, relax, and not get all caught up in doing, doing, doing!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Must be the year for fountains - we got them for Christmas too. Mine has a small Buddha statue on it & instead of using all the little rocks that it came with, I filled the basin with all my crystals - every color quartz, tiger's eye, citrine, nuumite, jade, on & on & on. It's beautiful.

We spoiled ourselves for an indulgent Friday lunch out at the office this afternoon - excellent surprise, all my favorite apps.

I also made plans for dinner ahead of my night out tonight & then breakfast for after. Yes - this means I made plans for 2:30 am. Yes, they are with different people.

I'm pretty sure I still have time to squeeze in a quick workout & a manicure before my shower if traffic doesn't hold me up too badly.... wish me luck!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have family Christmas’ to get through this weekend.
I thought it would be tough but I am in a pretty good place right now.
Tonight started it out, went for dinner with mom and her boyfriend and my sisters. And when my one sister started in about how great her life is and the trips they ar going to take etcetera I made my exit.
Went it my dad’s who is in assisted living and had a nice talk with him. Told him that AH is going to be at brunch on Sunday and that I really don’t want dad to hate him. Told dad that I still care deeply for AH but I need to find my journey again and I don’t want dad to hate or pity AH.
Dad is doing better with the whole thing. Wow! Again my co dependency rearing up. But I just don’t think that my dad who is in his 80s needs to be worrying about my sh!t. He is not a support for me as he is and has been for my entire life an alcoholic himself so it is what it is.
Overall, I think it will be a good weekend as long as I stick to my boundaries and take care of me.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I got up this AM, did some tidying and organizing around the house, then lit several candles in the bathroom, found some really relaxing wind chime sounds to play on my little Bluetooth speaker, and soaked in the tub for a looooong time. It was really heavenly--if the water hadn't been getting cold, I'd probably be in there still.

A nice start to my day, for sure.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Am out on the streets again tonight with my team helping homeless etc. Nothing fun planned tho. Debating seeing my farmer friend tomorrow cos he off to Asia but probs won't be home before 3.30 am so doubt I'll get up lol
Old 01-13-2018, 09:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It continues to be so odd for me that this is one of the last parts or recovery that I can settle into and feel okay about.

I have dinner plans for 17 with an old boss who has move away and all the people in her life that are still here. I am really looking forward to it.

The other things that I love about the weekends is that though I often still need to work part of the day I get out off leash with my three dogs usually first thing in the morning, and just before sunset into nature just outside of town. A tired dog is a happy dog and tired, happy dogs make for a happy human.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well, I was going to do all kinds of fun things! But, I got sick today. So, instead I've decided that I'll work on my steps, get lots of rest, and be grateful for my life today!

But, last night I played in my first adult 'fun' soccer mixed league. My bf signed us up and we had so much fun. And, I'm enjoying the training at my new job and feeling very grateful for just having employment, as well. My commute is 45-50 minutes and I'm learning to use that time to listen to recovery tapes, listen to podcasts relating to self improvement, or just to enjoy music. My bf said that he'd be willing to buy a new house closer to my job if I felt the commute was too much. Very sweet of him, but I actually am enjoying the alone time.

So, overall, I'm making the best of being sick. I'm hoping that I feel better by Monday so I can get a hike in and enjoy our gorgeous weather before I go back to work on Tuesday.