I object

Old 12-26-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I object

I object to his parenting style. I object to his social skills. I object to his self centered ways. I object to...... (fill in the blank).

I will talk to the counselor who is a GL. I will make sure the children and myself will stay emotionally healthy. I will have to talk to my boss. I will have to prepare for my future. I will have to count on myself to get out of this ongoing mess that I have stayed stuck in. I am tired of this merry go round.

It's more than staying sober. It's about seeing the harm one has caused by their drinking and their skill set and making changes. I'm tired of being the only one changing this year or maybe it's the pace of that change. I am now being held back because of his ways.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Moving forward is good.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sound very determined. Good luck with renewing your life in 2018!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hearthealth.....I see the emergence of objections as the beginning of some healthy self esteem.....
With good self esteem....it is not simply o.k. for others to mistreat us....we get angry....and, that is a good thing.....because it can motivate us to take better care of our own welfare....
Old 12-26-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This all sounds like excellent progress to me.

That man won't know what hit him when you get done with him in the end
Old 12-26-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Husband tells me that a divorce will put a person financially behind for twenty years, due to my father's situation. I know it hits your pocket book but twenty years? H also reports he has a two month job which will have 12 hour days. Sounds like I'll be able to get the situation set.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe you should not put too much stock in what anyone but your lawyer says about the cost of divorce?
Old 12-26-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i wouldn't give credence to one word that man says.

curious, what WAS one's financial status 20 years ago?
Old 12-27-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think this guy quit saying anything truthful or meaningful quite a bit of time ago.

It's so obviously about what is best for him, not kid, not you.

Ignore and proceed. . . .
Old 12-27-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There was a pack of developed pictures left out. I didn't check the date thought it was from Christmas. It was pictures of my daughter's birthday party at MIL house when I was/am an outcast. This hurts. There's going to be more events of her life I won't be part of once he's served.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hearthealth.....as kids grow older, they have more and more contact or the world outside of their home...naturally. It is just a part of their development as their world grows wider.....on their journey toward eventual independence.
Lol...I think we parents would like to hold them under our wing forever....but, they adjust nicely to this gradual independence....a lot easier than we parents do....
I still remember the first day that I drove away from one of my boy's first half day at pre-kindergarden.....I cried all the way home...because I knew that he was growing older!
We do adjust to it, because it is a part of life....
Old 12-27-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It will??

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
Husband tells me that a divorce will put a person financially behind for twenty years, due to my father's situation. I know it hits your pocket book but twenty years?
That's ridiculous (although I do not know your father's situation). I'm 20 years post-divorce and am in the best financial situation of my life. I was set back maybe four years but that had much more to do with having 2 kids in college than anything else.

You sound good and your objections are valid.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There's going to be more events of her life I won't be part of once he's served.
There's also going to be more fun, lighthearted, HAPPY events that you ARE part of once that dark cloud hanging over you all is gone part of the time. Hang in there!!
Old 12-27-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

^^^^^^^yes!