Like father like son

Old 12-15-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Like father like son

My stepson is exhibiting the true signs of alcoholism. He is so much like his father (my AH) that it is scary. The biggest problem is that he has a son (my grand Baby) that is being traumatized in the living situation that includes an alcoholic, highly depressed girlfriend that for some reason has all of the control over my grandsons life (she is not his mother).
My step daughter is beside herself and confronted both of them tonight and is calling CPS in the morning.
She said that the hoarding and the shape of the house is beyond disgusting-no one is allowed in their house because they are embarrassed.
I applaud my stepdaughter for her strength and attempts to save the child and am angry at myself that I didn’t step in sooner. We all tip toe around my stepson because he uses seeing our grandson if we mention an issue.
I feel beyond guilty because of all this “take care of yourself” that I wasn’t seeing how bad is was getting for my grandson - he is only 8 years old. Dealing with my AH has been very stressful - I know that’s a huge understatement!
Told my step daughter that I am 100 percent behind her and will do what is needed to remove my grandson from this time bomb of a situation. We need to get my grandson out of this situation...
What do I do? Help? Anyone have experience with CPS?

Last edited by ScaryTime; 12-15-2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-14-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi ScaryTime,

How are things going now? Has anything changed.

When you posted this I had no experience with CPS. Now I have... and found a WHOLE LOT of new inner growth from the experience.

Completely different situations, yet it helped re-affirm my recovery action tools... especially that of faith and trusting in that which is beyond me.

(((Hugs)))

Mango