The blaming is strong with that one

Old 12-13-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

He was disappointed he couldn't see his son today and said he is hoping I am honest about it, but he knows I would never speak ill of my son, so he actually didn't press that at all.

He did continue to blame shift, saying things that made no logical sense and I am paraphrasing: "I don't know if your ex or some other guy made you hate cocaine?" I don't understand this statement, AT ALL (and why is he always saying I am cheating on him?)

I have put him on block, there is no reasoning, and I tried.
He is going Toronto tomorrow and I will serve him in the next week. What a mess. I remember mentioning a while back I am numb and I can't cry. Well, today I certainly made up for the lack of crying in the last two months, that's for sure.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have found that many times when a person accuses you of something, it is actually something they have/are doing. Did you say he has cheated if I remember right?

You hate cocaine b/c it makes him crazy, it's illegal, and toxic to one's health. Enough said.

Don't fall for his blame shifting and manipulation. I am glad you blocked him, he only hurts you more each time you communicate w/him it seems.

Big hugs.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I wanted to chime in and send wishes things work out. There was a time when I needed a break from my husband and we didn't have a lot of contact. He drank and used cocaine too and the mix made him act crazy, arrogant, and illogical. Since the emails are upsetting you so much then Id block them, or just not read them. If you want simply be honest and say he is upsetting you all the time even through email and you need to break from it. Then let him know things can go through your attorney once he is informed who it is. And I would also suggest identifying some way to contact him if there is a need/emergency regarding your son. Hope the divorce and custody go smoothly.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aliciagr View Post
I wanted to chime in and send wishes things work out. There was a time when I needed a break from my husband and we didn't have a lot of contact. He drank and used cocaine too and the mix made him act crazy, arrogant, and illogical. Since the emails are upsetting you so much then Id block them, or just not read them. If you want simply be honest and say he is upsetting you all the time even through email and you need to break from it. Then let him know things can go through your attorney once he is informed who it is. And I would also suggest identifying some way to contact him if there is a need/emergency regarding your son. Hope the divorce and custody go smoothly.
Thank you aliciagr, I appreciate that. I am just going to wait for his to response once he is served and then I will let him know he is upsetting me and I need space to heal and move forward. That's the honest truth. If an attorney is needed, then we can discuss our son in greater detail, but I do know he will not sign the divorce papers, he doesn't want to get a divorce.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
You hate cocaine b/c it makes him crazy, it's illegal, and toxic to one's health. Enough said.

Don't fall for his blame shifting and manipulation. I am glad you blocked him, he only hurts you more each time you communicate w/him it seems.

Big hugs.
Big hugs back. Thank you.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soulful View Post

He did continue to blame shift, saying things that made no logical sense and I am paraphrasing: "I don't know if your ex or some other guy made you hate cocaine?" I don't understand this statement, AT ALL (and why is he always saying I am cheating on him?)

I have put him on block, there is no reasoning, and I tried.
He is going Toronto tomorrow and I will serve him in the next week. What a mess. I remember mentioning a while back I am numb and I can't cry. Well, today I certainly made up for the lack of crying in the last two months, that's for sure.
Okay, this actually made me laugh. "Yes, I hate cocaine because I fell under the sway of a cocaine-hating boyfriend. I am not capable of independently arriving at the conclusion that cocaine is a vile chemical that eats brain cells and makes people irrationally aggressive. I am really not smart enough to think things out without some man doing the heavy lifting".

As to why he's always saying you're cheating on him: who knows, but maybe because he kind of wishes you were cheating on him? because then he would be justified in getting all angry and righteous at you, because you would then be the bad guy?

My ex used to accuse me of doing all kinds of bizarre things which not only had I not done, I could not possibly have done even if I had wanted to.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post

As to why he's always saying you're cheating on him: who knows, but maybe because he kind of wishes you were cheating on him? because then he would be justified in getting all angry and righteous at you, because you would then be the bad guy?
His biggest fear is losing me due to cheating. I am not sure what type of emotional pain he is currently going through and what void he is trying to fill with cocaine, but his journey has definitely affected my emotional state of being as well.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

"He did continue to blame shift, saying things that made no logical sense and I am paraphrasing: "I don't know if your ex or some other guy made you hate cocaine?" I don't understand this statement, AT ALL (and why is he always saying I am cheating on him?)"

My ex used to tell me that I hate drugs because I'm ignorant of them and have not tried them, and also there are: only two types of people in the world: people who use drugs as a lifestyle choice, and people who don't as a lifestyle choice. People who don't are missing out on a lot in life. This is what he used to say to me. Followed by: Because you're the type of person who considers all sides of an argument, I know that you're understanding, unlike my ex who was stupid and abusive whenever I tried to rationalize with her. I'm also telling you that I'll stop using drugs, but only because you insist on it, not because it's rational.

He used to say stuff like that all the time. If I said, "no, but..." he would interrupt me and say, "stop getting angry, you're getting angry and emotional and becoming irrational." He was a master manipulator.

Your ex seems to be... (sorry if this is rude... because I don't know him, I'm just going by the stuff he says), a selfish woman-hating big baby. His biggest fear is not losing you due to you cheating, but losing you because of another man, thus threatening his masculinity. He thinks he owns you. No other man can have you. Not even if he's a strip-club going booze hound who gambles away his son's tuition money. The biggest injury to such a person, is not that they have destroyed their health and their family, but that someone dared to hurt their cojones. IMAO. (Sorry if rude).
Old 12-14-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpheliaKatz View Post
"
Your ex seems to be... (sorry if this is rude... because I don't know him, I'm just going by the stuff he says), a selfish woman-hating big baby. His biggest fear is not losing you due to you cheating, but losing you because of another man, thus threatening his masculinity. He thinks he owns you. No other man can have you. Not even if he's a strip-club going booze hound who gambles away his son's tuition money. The biggest injury to such a person, is not that they have destroyed their health and their family, but that someone dared to hurt their cojones. IMAO. (Sorry if rude).
Definitely agree with this. I think that's the way he was raised, in a muslim-Indian family, where the man makes mistakes and the woman prays to Allah. In no way I want to sound like I am insulting the religion, but these are the words that came out of his mom's mouth.

Men need to be straighten by women and only through prayer and understanding. Ummm... ok, so in the meantime, should I seek a partner while my husband is figuring out life?

Men are those that make mistakes until they find God, women should always be with God and cannot make mistakes and they are made to forgive.
Well, I am certainly working on that forgiveness part, but I am going to start with myself first.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post

My ex used to accuse me of doing all kinds of bizarre things which not only had I not done, I could not possibly have done even if I had wanted to.
In a recent court meeting, my STBXAH said that me and my family had plotted against him. I couldn't believe it was actually coming out of his mouth and even more scary that I could tell he actually has convinced himself that is what happened....

The reality, I left on a business trip while he was supposed to be caring for our infant child, he purchased alcohol, drank alcohol to the point of passing out ....but no, it's not his fault, it was the plot of me and my family.

Denial and projection are powerful!
Old 12-14-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yes, I've had this experience too.

Originally Posted by BAW81 View Post
In a recent court meeting, my STBXAH said that me and my family had plotted against him. I couldn't believe it was actually coming out of his mouth and even more scary that I could tell he actually has convinced himself that is what happened....
Old 12-14-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Definitely forgive yourself first. You can forgive him 80 years from now.

Originally Posted by Soulful View Post
Well, I am certainly working on that forgiveness part, but I am going to start with myself first.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BAW81 View Post
The reality, I left on a business trip while he was supposed to be caring for our infant child, he purchased alcohol, drank alcohol to the point of passing out ....but no, it's not his fault, it was the plot of me and my family.
Yes, same thing happened to me, only he decided to bring our son into a bar while watching a boxing event. At 12:30am. Completely wasted.