Hopeful

Old 12-06-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hopeful

Looking for some support in dealing with a relationship that has ended.
I found my self googling, “when a boyfriend in recovery shuts you out....”
I was directed to read an article that was posted on this site that spoke almost word for word where my relationship had been.
All the promises, marriage , dreams and plans that we had made together.
It is comforting to read others post about what I am going through.
I love him with all my heart and know that he also loves me. I offered to support him in any way I could.
We do live a distance from each other and he explained that when I leave he has a pain that comes with separation from me that leaves him in great pain that is unbearable for him.
Broken hearted....
Old 12-06-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.

I hate to say it, but that's called an excuse. The addicted mind is ALWAYS looking for excuses. If he truly wants to recover, he is going to have to put in the work to face obstacles without it triggering him into picking up.

I am really glad you are here. There is tons of support here at SR. What are you doing for YOU? Do you have face to face support? I highly recommend Alanon or Celebrate Recovery for additional support.

Sorry for why you are here, but glad you are here.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Hello and welcome.

I hate to say it, but that's called an excuse. The addicted mind is ALWAYS looking for excuses. If he truly wants to recover, he is going to have to put in the work to face obstacles without it triggering him into picking up.

I am really glad you are here. There is tons of support here at SR. What are you doing for YOU? Do you have face to face support? I highly recommend Alanon or Celebrate Recovery for additional support.

Sorry for why you are here, but glad you are here.
Hi , he is in recovery , but believe since we started dating he stepped away from working on him. Love him so much and know he is capable of being that guy for me. I do know that he needs to grow more to overcome his excuses.

I am in therapy and I am going to an alanon meeting this week.

Not willing to give up on him. I know I need to let him work on his recovery more. He told me that he is in therapy and is embarrassed about who he is.

Staying positive