And so it begins ...

Old 05-04-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Bekindalways - yes, I know what you mean about laughing. I had a rough start to the week - basically a two-day anxiety attack related to losing the sense of security that comes with marriage. (Even though I don't really have it ... anyhow, kinda complicated.) Totally sucked. I went to group and was told that they were amazed that I could keep my sense of humor through all this.

But -- I realized -- I grieved a long, long time ago for the loss of my marriage and, even, the loss of the 'idea' of what marriage should be. That's not to say that it doesn't get to me every now and then ... but I'm through the worst part of grieving. It helps.

Now, I am truly just looking for peace.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:44 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Its been a long while since I posted so I thought I'd provide an update. The divorce was finalized in July of 2019; X is still ... the X. Kids are mostly okay; my oldest daughter has struggled and required therapy - her relationship with Dad was not the best - but she seems on the other side of it now. I am keeping a close eye on my younger two, as they will likely need some help eventually as well.

I am doing very well!! I still struggle sometimes with the loss of my marriage - not HIM - just the concept/institution of 'marriage.' I've made my peace with it, but we all have days where we wish things were different. I tried a bit of dating and recently decided that its just not for me; I'm not ready and, frankly, its a lot of work I just don't want to do. I've decided, instead, to work on bit on finding a social life in my mid-aged years that somehow doesn't revolve around being married.

And, finally, my career is going amazingly well; just got promoted. I think with all the personal drama of my life largely gone; I've been able to focus on my career in ways I couldn't before. Its been a good thing for me.

wheelsup
Old 03-08-2020, 09:10 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi Wheels! Good to hear from you! You sound good, but realistic, that can't be a bad thing.

Congratulations on your promotion.

I hear you on the marriage thing, being married (when it's right) is a great thing. However, as we have read here, getting "your people" together is an amazing thing too.

Besides, who knows what great things are in store for you.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:46 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

WheelsUp…...I am so glad to hear your positive post.....this has to be inspiring for the newbies on the forum!
How wonderful that you have focused so much attention on your daughters' healing. This is jut as important for the children as it is for us!!

Oh Yes----focus on your social life, in general.....this will bring you lots and gratification in your future.....and, who knows who you might meet......
Old 03-09-2020, 08:39 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Wheels, thank you for checking in! It's good to hear from you, and I am so happy that things seem to be going so well!!!

Onward and upward!!!