We found him dead yesterday

Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Xia

Becki, I'm so very saddened to read this. There are no good words to lessen your pain. Your love and efforts were the absolute best provided. Keeping you and your kids in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Now he will be in peace. Hopefully its your turn to be the same now.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry. I can’t begin to know how you feel.
My thoughts are with you and your kids.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Becki.....don't beat yourself up. I understand your pain....
I hope that you can realize that this was never in your hands...
And...I hope that the knowledge that he is at peace, and that his battles and suffering are over, can give you some solace.....
Old 11-24-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So sorry, Becki.
May you and the children find some peace as times goes on.

COD
Old 11-24-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Somewhere, under a bluer sky

In a higher realm than where eagles fly

In a land of beauty beyond our knowing

With trees and flowers and waters flowing

And mountains of unearthly grace

Our loving Lord has made a place...

And one day, through an opening door

We find that glorious evermore.

This poem was from a sympathy card that helped me get through the passing of our first son, who only lived a few months. I know he was with us for a reason, in spite of the intense profound pain we experienced in his death and losing him.

May some good memories of your husband be brought to you, from before this disease took him from you... long before it took his life.

May you be able to honor this long-time grieving as much as this new one.

He was not his disease... even if that's all that was physically apparent at some point. It was the disease that separated him from his family, NOT any personal choice.

We didn't Cause it.
We can't Cure it.
We can't Control it.

What we can do is tend to our own lives and those of our children. You've been doing this all along. You'll get through this, too.

I'm so very sorry for your loss and what you and your children are going through.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. (((((Hugs)))))
Old 11-24-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The worst fear of any of us who have loved an A...so very sorry for your loss, Becki. My lamp will be burning tonight, both to light the way for his passage onward and to send some small rays of light and warmth into the dark place you and your kids are in now.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm so incredibly sorry. I hope that you and your babies find peace and understanding. My heart breaks for you.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I’m so very sorry for what you are enduring. This is anyone’s greatest fear who loves and cares for an alcoholic. No matter how angry we may get, this is our greatest fear we live with daily. It’s torture and we expect it, we mentally envision it, but we never think it will actually happen. I tell Abf all the time that if he keeps knocking on the door hard enough, it will be answered. Addiction is brutal, it is ruthless and cruel. Know that he loved you, but for whatever reason he couldn’t find a way out. He didn’t drink to hurt you, he drank because he was sick and drinking was a symptom of the disease in addition to being THE disease. His pain is over now finally, but you will need to care for yourself and your children to get through yours now.

I hate when I see these stories. It only exemplifies how truly powerless we all are against addiction. If you stayed or if you left, the drinking took him in the end, not you.

Lots of love and healing thoughts to you at this time. May you be protected by your own higher power and begin your journey of healing once the grief process passes.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry, Becki - for him, for you and for your children.

There is nothing you could have done, Becki. It is the alcoholic's choice alone.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss Becki - sending love to you and your children X
Old 11-24-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm am shocked and so so sorry it had to end this way for you and your children. This addiction is way beyond our control, sounds like you loved him more than enough, but just like all of us, you could not save him from himself. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your husband will find some peace in whatever comes after life. You have nothing to reproach yourself for, you fought a long, hard battle for the sake of your kids.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

So, so sorry. I feel your pain and I can't add anything to what the others have said. You couldn't have done anything differently. He had to follow his own path. It's a tragedy to be sure, and I offer you sincere condolences..
Old 11-24-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Very sorry for your loss, Becki.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

heartfelt wishes to all who loved him.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this Becki. Please don't blame yourself, you didn't cause this.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I’m so so sorry Becki. I hope you find peace during this difficult time. Praying for you and your family.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I know that you're all right in what you're saying, but it's so hard to not play that "what if" game. He was such a good soul and kindhearted. But, his demons took over and they won. I take solace in the fact that he died in his sleep, according to the coroner.

We are all sticking close together and I have a very large family who is swarming us with love and attention.

This disease SUCKS!

You guys were the first people I wanted to let know....I knew some of you would understand what I'm feeling. Thanks for being here.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Becki, I'm sorry for you and your children's loss. Talk to them about the good memories when the real man was in charge. Addiction can just be so powerful some people can't drag themselves away.