Feeling sorry for myself today

Old 11-25-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
If you continue on this path of holding everything in...from the families and from him....don't you think that your head might explode, someday??...lol....
Yes, and I know myself well enough I know I'm getting close.

You all have given me so much to think about which I appreciate. I've been doing a lot of soul searching.

Depression - Yes, it's not overwhelming yet, but it's there, and I'm fighting it. I'm still beating it at this point, but I know that add much more to my load, and I will not be able to do it without help.

Drugs - Still fairly certain I'm only dealing with alcohol abuse for a number of reasons, but I'm certainly watching for it. With other symptoms I am more worried about beginning stages hepatic encephalopathy, but I can't find enough information on it. He's certainly been drinking enough for a long enough time for this to be a real possibility. I guess I'm trying to prepare myself for what's to come. (A crystal ball would be real handy right now.)

Abuse - This one is throwing me off and really making me think. Where is the line between walking on eggshells and abuse, or is there one? I feel like I can do whatever I want, and I can give as much as I get, if needed. It's about keeping the peace - not for AH, but for me and the kids. So am I really just keeping the peace, or am I fooling myself?

Thanks again for all of the input. Looks like counseling is in my near future. Now to figure out the best way to accomplish it.