I’m done

Old 12-04-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Scarytime!
I can always hope. But so many times in the past those hopes were dashed. And she doesn’t get that.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I think I've given up hope at this point. Well, it still comes back occasionally, but then she opens her mouth and says something nasty - and I'm back to being grounded!!!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Challenger2013 View Post
I can always hope. But so many times in the past those hopes were dashed. And she doesn’t get that.
Hope is a 4 letter word that I never associate with my STBXAH. Once upon a time I could've filled an ocean with the amount of hope I had for my marriage, that "he finally understood the damage done", that this time would be different....unfortunately, years upon years of relapses, broken promises, lying, gambling, and "priming" (hadn't heard that one before), have left me "hopeless."

However, I do have hope in other areas of my life. I hope for a better life when I am not legally or financially tied to another person who has so little regard for me; hope that I will no longer be blamed for his drinking (actually I am sure I will be blamed, but I won't have to get the daily news about how I caused it); hope that I will eventually meet someone who can appreciate my good qualities.

Have you looked into divorcecare? It is a separation/divorce support class. (I only know because I recently read about it myself).

Smiley1
Old 12-05-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

This...

“Then she stated that since the Child Endangerment charge was dropped by the District Attorney then “it never happened”.”

tells you just how very, very far she is from any meaningful recovery.

Not drinking (or saying she’s not drinking while sneaking drinks) is not recovery.

Be very, very careful in relying on what she says during these separation negotiations. Once it becomes apparent that this is real this time and her former tactics aren’t going to work, she may turn on you completely. I know lawyers are insanely expensive, but negotiating with an active alcoholic is usually meaningless.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
This...

“Then she stated that since the Child Endangerment charge was dropped by the District Attorney then “it never happened”.”

tells you just how very, very far she is from any meaningful recovery.

Not drinking (or saying she’s not drinking while sneaking drinks) is not recovery.

Be very, very careful in relying on what she says during these separation negotiations. Once it becomes apparent that this is real this time and her former tactics aren’t going to work, she may turn on you completely. I know lawyers are insanely expensive, but negotiating with an active alcoholic is usually meaningless.
My attorney says the same thing, and he should know. 20+ years sober and very active in AA. He knows exactly how alcoholics think.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I haven’t posted in a while, but I have been reading. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
We almost had to cancel the family celebrations on Christmas morning. STBXAW was throwing up and still hung over from Saturday night. She didn’t think she could get all the food ready by noon.
But somehow she managed to.
But DS11 (today is his birthday!) still had a great Christmas and birthday.
Her first concern though was whether or not I would inform my lawyer about the relapse. Selfish as always, even though she accuses me of being the selfish one.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Her first concern though was whether or not I would inform my lawyer about the relapse. Selfish as always, even though she accuses me of being the selfish one.
1st off, Happy B-day to your son. As for her; That'd be my first concern as well,selfish or not.. I know now common sense would be to not be a drunk,but..well..us drunks/addicts aren't too keen on actually putting anything before our DOC..actually..writing that out reminded me of a night my exAgf left her sick 10yr old with her mother,so she could go on our date and stayed at my place that night..WOW!
Old 12-28-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
writing that out reminded me of a night my exAgf left her sick 10yr old with her mother,so she could go on our date and stayed at my place that night..WOW!
That's because you are probably quite the catch!! (No offense here, just adding some levity!)

COD
Old 12-28-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I haven’t posted in a while, but I have been reading. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
We almost had to cancel the family celebrations on Christmas morning. STBXAW was throwing up and still hung over from Saturday night. She didn’t think she could get all the food ready by noon.
But somehow she managed to.
But DS11 (today is his birthday!) still had a great Christmas and birthday.
Challenger - so sorry to hear you had to put up with that crap on Christmas Eve. My AW usually recovers more quickly than that - even if she has a blackout, by the next morning she might be a little slow-going, but rarely hungover.

Glad to see you still around.

COD
Old 01-13-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi Challenger,

How are you doing today?