Hope, healing... goodness in life

Old 11-09-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope, healing... goodness in life

From a post from Firesprite:

I reached a point where I was ready to bundle everything up together -FOO/RAH/ACoA/whatever- take all my acronyms & toss them all overboard. The who/what/why didn’t matter so much any longer once I got laser-like focus on Just Me.
I so LOVE this!!

Taking this to heart. Journey onward. Not looking back... I'm not going that way.

KTF
Old 11-20-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After posting this, there have been many times I've gone back to those acronyms that brought me here...

Yet with being willing, being aware... and looking towards shaking those acronyms from my identify of who I am, how I look at myself is rapidly changing.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes I hate that I can identify with all of those acronyms.

We can spin all of them and still overcome and be able to love and trust again. Better late than never, right?
Old 11-21-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was a pivotal moment in my recovery. That's the moment when I took my life back FOR ME.

I dropped 40 lbs, got serious about getting strong physically & mentally, stopped looking for qualifying reasons for anything except how my own heart, head & gut felt about every situation in my life & put all my Trust into Me. I poured myself into Self Love as if my life depended on it (it sorta did).

2 and a half-ish years later, I'm still on that trajectory, still getting stronger every day in some way. (I'm planning on posting an official update to all of that soon, I've just been busy.) Thanks for the reminder, I'm glad it struck a chord with you in a positive way!