Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts

Old 11-05-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts

Grateful for pumpkin cheesecake, THIS day, upbeat music, DS10, playing games, Vitamin D.

Grateful for this forum and all here, past and present. Grateful for the power of healing.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My favorite thread!

Grateful today for a really restful night of sleep - can't remember the last time I got 8 hours!

Grateful that we took a chance over the weekend & tried something new - we visited manmade salt caves & spent an hour meditating inside one of the rooms. DD is already asking to go back!

Grateful for the continued sense of "knowing" I have about my path - that the best is still yet to come no matter how unclear the future vision is on any given day, for any variety of reasons. I've. Got. This.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankful for the Lord, sobriety and the gifts of life
Old 11-06-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thankful for friends that cook me dinner and make me laugh. Saturday night was a much needed night away from the house.

Thankful for my pup - 12 years old and still snuggles me every time I need perked up.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thankful for a mug of bulletproof coffee, for all my children, for my healing.

Thankful for being warm and cozy on a cold, windy wintery day.

Thankful for a new day, and another Alanon meeting.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Some days I'm just grateful for all the most basic things - running water, electricity, air conditioning, toilet paper. Feels like - how can I even "see" anything to complain about when the creature comforts of the society I live in are, in & of themselves, indulgences compared to so much of history?

Grateful for all the "small things" in life today - that's the stuff that holds the Big Details together most days.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thankful that the work week is almost over and I have a fun night this weekend with girlfriends, appetizers and a hot tub in our cold snowy weather!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just remembered today is Thursday!

I've been hitting psychic development classes with a friend whenever we can & it's been an awesome way to challenge myself. DD is joining us tonight since she's sort of "in-between" right now - too big for the little's class but not quite grown enough for the adult class. She'll be able to observe & participate in the meditation though, super excited & grateful!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thankful for family! My sweet mom brought me Starbucks at work, what a super nice thing to do. Yum!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Enjoy that hot tub fire - I'm jealous, mine's been down for too long!

TGIF Folks!

I have an early afternoon today which is wonderful even though it'll include a lot of running around.

I managed to get us salt cave reservations for tomorrow after DD's meditation class - SO excited to go back so quickly!

Today is quiet, reflective & full of solitude for the first half of my day. Feeling really in touch with my instincts & ready to pamper myself with a bunch of DIY spa treatments & junk TV tonight.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Grateful for a warm fire in the fireplace, peppermint ice cream and my sisters who have seen me through the hardest time of my life.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thankful for answers to my prayers that have been unexpected, the opposite of what I was asking for, and more wonderful than I could have imagined.

Thankful for new opportunities.

Thankful for the power of prayer.

Thankful for today.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thankful for Costco. Thankful for kids waterproof ski gloves, for a conversation about persimmons in the checkout line. Thankful for being encouraged to BELIEVE in everything and look for what I do want in life.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am grateful for living in Playa del Carmen, I am grateful for the health of my son. I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for an amazing business partner.
I am grateful for amazing and supportive friends and family.
I am grateful for Lola (my bicycle lol)
Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Gratitude for my family and to go to my nephews choir concert tonight together!

He is 17, a 17 year old built like a linebacker... 6 foot something, 200 something pounds. When he was a baby, I would dangle a soccer ball over him in his crib. I had all these hopes that he would be a sports star, that I would help teach him to drive, and how to ride motorcycles, that we would watch football games together and of camping trips and fishing with him.

Haha - he is NONE of the things I made him out to be in my head when he was so young...

He is such a gentile, sweet, and loving giant. He is brilliant, and loves technology, and game programming, and animation, and graphic design, and legos, and sci fi and fantasy stories, and building 3D printers. He cares NOTHING about sports...or motorcycles...or cars...or fishing and camping. He plays the piano and violin, and has the voice of an angel.

He is more amazing than I could have ever 'built' him to be in my head or otherwise, and I can't wait to hear the boy sing tonight, and I love that my family rallies to drive 2 hours in kinda crappy weather to cheer him on.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So many little things today.... grateful that DD has a newfound love for Alanis Morrisette's old music...... she's been playing with the melody for "Thank You" & randomly singing pieces of the song a cappella..... I think she's considering using it for her audition for the high school musical theater program she's interested in.... shhhhh!

Grateful to have my stocking stuffers for DD & teacher gifts almost finished - trust me, I'm never *this* far ahead. I've had to pick DD up late a couple of nights because she's sitting on some student advisory boards for our district so I've used the time to try & get a jump on the holidays.

Grateful to have found that we have $5 Below stores in our area now - they perfectly compliment my Dollar Tree addiction & helped me finish off those stocking stuffers.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

^^ FS you are ON IT!

Ugg, I am usually at Target at midnight 2 days before Christmas (lol with all the husbands) doing my shopping...or trying to Prime some gifts 3 days before and hoping they get here in time! Then I realize I don't have Christmas wrapping paper and nothing is open so Christmas gifts get wrapped in Happy Birthday paper - which I have now reasoned is semi appropriate.

I don't love the holidays, and they are even tougher without my dad...but I'm going to give it a try this year. Thanks for the inspiration, I just might drag out my tiny fake tree and hang some lights tonight! EARLY!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

We decided to turn lemons into lemonade ourselves Fire - by the time the hurricane rolled through here & we got back to the basics of life (you know, water, electricity, ice, home repairs & cleanup) I ran out of energy for putting the rest of the house back in order & was more focused on getting back to work/making up lost money & time.

So, while pictures are still off the walls waiting to be rehung & small furniture & accent pieces are still being relocated, I seized the opportunity to wipe down the walls/baseboards & get rid of all that dust & crap you never see until you stand *this close*..... so tonight we're pulling everything out of the storage shed & jumping headfirst into Christmas decorating.

RAH is going to FLIP - I bought tons on clearance after season last year that is going to be all brand new. I'll be walking around for days going "idk what you're talking about... what new stuff?? I just moved everything this year....."
Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Grateful for sledding, a bonfire, roasting marshmallows, peppermint mocha coffee and a great night's sleep.

Grateful for detaching with love, holding a place of peace for my husband. Grateful for No Contact and being safe from the illness of alcoholism.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thankful for TJMaxx, new warm winter boots and soft blue socks.

Thankful for Tulsi tea, snow and sunny blue skies.

Thankful for the fluidity of life, of taking things One Day at a Time, of gaining skills to deal with THIS day.