Fired from his job for reasons you wouldn't believe!!

Old 11-04-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Liszzielou....I hope that you are reading the material that I gave you the links to . in my first post to you.....there is sooo much to learn.....Please consider reading them.....

It appears that your husband is trying to "white knuckle" it...in other words, to go on just will power....If that is the case, then relapse is almost certain, again.
Alcoholics cannot have even one drink...because that j ust makes them want to have more...they don't have control over the desire to drink, at that point...that is what the definition of alcoholism really is.....
I suspect that it is m ost likely that he had a lot to drink...and, doesn't remember much, because he was in "blackout"....

Please learn everything you can about alcoholism and the effects on the loved ones....You really need to know what you are up against, even if he doesn't. You future and your happiness, in the future, hangs in the balance......

Alcoholism is progressive...in that, it gets worse over time....unless it is put into remission by a strenuous program of sobriety. An alcoholic has to live by the principles of the program for the rest of their life....because an alcoholic is never "cured"....but, they can keep it in remission, if they are motivated and want it enough for themselves.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Lizzie...that was an update all about him. What about you? How are you feeling? How are you handling all of this?

Only you can decide what will be best for you in the long-run. I don't know what it is like to be blackout drunk. I don't know if there was any part of him that knew what he was doing during this holiday. You have stated that he has been aggressive when drunk before. Only you can know whether or not this is something you can tolerate.

There are many people and organizations that can and will help him once he truly decides he needs and wants to change more than anything else.

Sending hugs!