My wife

Old 11-04-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
What I see of your actions...

Someone embracing recovery, doing new things, taking what helps (what resonates.. what speaks to your gut, your intuition)... a willingness to step up in new actions.

You don't need to take any advice from us. A big part of this thread is giving you OPTIONS... new ways of looking at things.

Keep praying and you'll be lead to what YOU need. We don't know what that is... but we can contribute in various ways to offer you different outlooks.
Thank you for that. Im really wanting to do what is gonna work for us. I'm a very empathetic person so I really do understand there's two sides of this mess. Both created mostly by me. We're all here for similar reasons but we're still all different people. I really appreciate you folks sharing your experiences with me and guiding. I'm very lucky to not be in a situation where it took ten years or something for me to see the damage I was doing. Some of your stories are baffling the amount of time you have dealt with the addiction process. Drives me even more to succeed. I'm 30 years old. Drank for about 14 years and I don't wanna still be figuring this out when I'm 40. you and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope those of you who are still waiting for the alcoholic in your life to "wake up" can find some peace. And please pray for me.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Keep posting and learning/reading, you can find a lot of direction and support here.

Blessings,
COD
Old 11-06-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Travissss View Post
Thank you for that. Im really wanting to do what is gonna work for us. I'm a very empathetic person so I really do understand there's two sides of this mess. Both created mostly by me. We're all here for similar reasons but we're still all different people. I really appreciate you folks sharing your experiences with me and guiding. I'm very lucky to not be in a situation where it took ten years or something for me to see the damage I was doing. Some of your stories are baffling the amount of time you have dealt with the addiction process. Drives me even more to succeed. I'm 30 years old. Drank for about 14 years and I don't wanna still be figuring this out when I'm 40. you and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope those of you who are still waiting for the alcoholic in your life to "wake up" can find some peace. And please pray for me.
You are really doing great Traviss, best of luck to you in your sobriety.

I will say that as a family member, it was hard for me to wrap my mind around how we both faced the same problem (alcohol) but our solutions were very, very different. Just like during active addiction, we often spoke 2 different languages in early recovery. You can walk forward together, but your paths are not the same & that's not a bad thing.