Question Concerning a Friend

Old 10-27-2004, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Concerning a Friend

I don't know where to start. I'm not sure but I think I did something to upset a friend of mine. I haven't heard from him since Sunday and he won't return my calls. That is not like him. But I'm confused because the last time I talked to him everything sounded ok.

I'm overwhelming myself with worry because I don't know what I did??? The more I think about it the more I worry myself. I know - stop worrying about it (ITS NOT WORKING).

I feel like I can't do anything right these days.

Suggestions???
Old 10-27-2004, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gracey

I would be completly honest with him....and tell him how you are feeling....ask him if he is upset about something.....

I worry way too much what other people think about me....It use to drive me crazy thinking that someone was mad at me......(now I dont care) I am not going to do something on purpose to create a problem.........but I am also human and I make mistakes.....I would hope that my friends would accept me and love me unconditionally....for my bad and my good.......

I would stop worrying what you may or may not have done to your friend......If this person was a true friend he will be able to tell you that you upset him.....or if something is bothering him.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gracey - you are so overwhelmed with your life and yet you still find time to offer suggestions to help others. You are truley a wonderful person.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My best friend and I go tend to go through phases. There are times we speak on the phone every single day and then there are other times that pass by that we may not speak for a week or two.
Sometimes life just happens. We get busy, we have things on our minds, we have obligations that we must meet through work-family-etc.
Please don't just assume that you have done something to offend your friend or upset them.
You've left messages on the machine I assume so at this point, it's up to your friend to contact you when ready. Give it some time. If they are going through some rough time that they arent able to talk to you about or are extremely busy with something - your calling everyday may be adding even more pressure to them.
If your friendship is true - he will call you when he can.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StandingStrong
You've left messages on the machine I assume so at this point, it's up to your friend to contact you when ready. Give it some time. If they are going through some rough time that they arent able to talk to you about or are extremely busy with something - your calling everyday may be adding even more pressure to them.
If your friendship is true - he will call you when he can.
I've been thinking that. But I told him about me asking my AH to stay the night and I think it bothered him more than he let on while we were on the phone.

Let go and let God. He will call when he's ready. (I'm trying to convince myself...lol)
Old 10-27-2004, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

jessica - boy we just obsess ourselves to death sometimes don't we? you have it right on - let go and let God.

there are many times (more often than not) that we blow our "problems" way out of proportion and think the worst.

take it easy on yourself and breathe.....

hugs - cwohio
Old 10-27-2004, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes - We do.

Thanks CW.