Leaving an alcoholic relationship

Old 02-02-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Reasons I stay:

I've only just begun my journey so some of those will fall as I become stronger. My tipping point has been my 19 year old daughter. I have been watching her body language and really listening to her words when she talks (figuring out her point of view, reading between the lines) and dammit she is pissed at me!! Here I am thinking I am her body armour, her champion, her go to, and she is just as mad at me!! Ouch.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I stayed for alot of the reasons given- most of them applied to my situation. I made the life altering decision to leave based upon the reasons given to propel the person to leave the relationship. I was on the fence for years but I think you finally get to the point where enough is enough. There has not a day that has went by that I regret leaving my ex. On occasions I will be sad that we are not a family unit anymore but I quickly get over that.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I had none of those reasons to stay which baffles me cos I did for 20 years.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Why I stayed: Love. I loved him. And it took me a long time to realize that even though I loved him with all my heart, he loved the beer and the bar with all his heart.