Not sure what to do?

Old 10-21-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've found that people don't think about me as often as I think they do. I'm guessing about 95% of those in attendance have put it out of their minds.

"Don't take yourself so seriously; no one else does"
Old 10-21-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This is kids talking to other kids, right?

No. It's my kids talking to other adults some of which are my co workers. No kids are involved apart from him. If it was him talking to other kids I would not give two hoots cos I know he does that all the time. He has managed to find fellow adult child survivors of alcoholic home lives from all over the place. Some are here and he meets up with them. He has even pulled in kids whose parents are in prison/abandoned them for whatever reason cos some of their experiences feel the same and he talks to them extensively. He is wise beyond his years. I think it's great he does that. I am really proud he does that even tho I know he talks about me and it's not always in a good way but he needs that. The kids he helps and who help him need that. This tho is different.

On the victim remark ..I am not a victim. Victims do not pick themselves up and against all odds carve a life out for themselves and go to uni late in life or sleep in a living room so their kids can live in a nicer area then where the bigger apartments are. I do a degree from my sofa bed. I am happy and we are getting through the issues that brought us all to this place. No victim here. I am a survivor as we all are who are on this forum.

I agree Anvil...maybe taking the lid off is a good thing in the long run. To be free of the secrecy sounds quite cool when you put it like that.

Thank you Hopeful...Maybe then seeing what I came from is not such a bad thing in the long run.