Leaving

Old 10-17-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Leaving

I have decided that I am going to leave my AW I can no longer go on with the pain she has cost this family. I am selling the house and moving on. She has not drank and is going to AA meetings but the damage that she has done is done and I can’t forgive ( if you have read my first post then you know what has happened). I have to move on for my own good and for my kids I hope she does well in her recovery and she understand why I have made my decision to move on. I just hope I can build a better future for my self and that you guys can help me in my own recovery. I am glad I have found this place.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’m sorry it’s come to this but I support your choice completely.

Have you had a chance to talk to an attorney about your rights with regard to your finances and custody? It’s good to know the rules of the road early.

Sending you a hug.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have not talk to anyone yet but I will tomorrow. I am sure she will want some sort of child support but that’s about it we have always had a plan if it was to get to this point and that is what we always agreed on she is a reasonable person and we both can up with this decision it wasn’t all on me. I am going to sell the house she has her own car and aa place to stay the house isn’t under her name in anyway so that’s not a problem. The kids are most of my worry but she is really serious on her recovery so is she gets custody I’m ok with it.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As difficult as this is, it is often the only path to healing and happiness.

Let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's not quite 2 years since I filed for divorce myself, and I remember well the feelings of that time. I'm sorry your situation is what it is, but I'm glad you've gained the clarity to see things honestly and the strength to take the necessary action.

Stay in touch; SR is here whenever you need support or just a listening ear. And sharing your progress can be so helpful for those just starting down this path.

My thoughts are with you.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wish you strength and clarity theguy... a tough call to make, but sometimes it is for the best.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please please put things into your final divorce that will protect the children. She is VERY early into recovery, and as the stress builds she may relapse. Think of worst case scenarios and prepare for those long term.

Hugs. We support you!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is never an easy decision but usually a wise one. I am sorry.

I agree, just because TODAY she is demonstrating a desire to stay sober and attend AA meetings should not dictate the future of your children’s wellbeing in the end. IF she is as reasonable a person as you stated and she understands her disease, she will be open to instilling some clauses in the child custody agreement in the event she should lose a hold of her remission from her disease.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you, for figuring out what is best for you and your kids and making a decision in that basis. You have tons of friends here. Know that taking care of you first (and your kids of course) is the right choice.