Husband ran. Staying with heavy drinking buddy.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband ran. Staying with heavy drinking buddy.

Hi everyone.
Been here awhile and getting to know and trust your wisdom. My husband and i have been struggling with his alcohol problems for 3 years as i watched it progress into insane alkie drama. Also his behavior was mixed with that mid life crises nonsense. The mean evil language drunkenness lie after lie crashing about 4 cars being gone all night. Sleeping in cars drunk in winter. I witnessed this myself. I got tired of all the behaviors, set a boundary which he crossed the same day. He got angry and drove away drunk. My question is, why don't i believe he isn't drinking anymore when he texted me that he stopped? This illness wants to surround itself with people that understand it. Hence the alcoholic he's living with. That man has been hospitalized for it and he's a family man. Yet his girlfriend said no drinking allowed in the apartment. I believe they're both drinking still. My husband will be randomly tested at work because of past behavior. He wont come home because i specify he must have a recovery plan in place that he's working. He wont even respond to that. I'm comfortable with that. It means to me that he's not ready. I'm enjoying my peace and drama free home. Any and all responses are welcome. Thank you.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Ginalee.
Welcome.
More will be revealed, I think.
Assume you are protecting finances, maybe gotten advice as to your rights going forward?
Al-Anon can be real helpful during these trying times.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My question is, why don't i believe he isn't drinking anymore when he texted me that he stopped?

why should you believe him?
Old 11-02-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My story is similar. Husband in mid life crisis, fueled by rapidly progressing alcoholism. He also moved in with a friend who drinks heavily about five months ago. He occasionally expresses some remorse about what he's putting me through, but mostly I think he's happy to be drinking as much as he wants every day without judgment. I'm attending my first Alanon meeting tonight. So sorry you're in this situation, but I can empathize.