I am The Only One Who Knows

Old 10-15-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am The Only One Who Knows

my ex friend is circling the drain. He's thousand of miles away, homeless, broke, no food, without meds he has to take or any means of getting home. He doesn't even have any money for booze lol He's burnt his bridges with everyone and I am refusing to help him on the basis if I do it will never be enough. If I pay for him a ticket home then what? He's no family will take him in and no money to get anywhere to live...so that will leave me and I won't have him here. It's easier to leave him to rot in a foreign country. He will probably die on the streets but 3 words ..not my problem.

So I get periodic messages from him and once he knows it the same answer ( NO) he stops for a while but I won't cave..I won't but it sucks knowing how far he's slipping until one day there will be total silence cos he'll be dead. I should block him but I can't bring myself too. It's like watching a horror film you'd rather switch off but can't somehow.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As bad as you described his situation he is still not motivated and stepped up in his own life. As terrible as he is living. And its bad. What is it that he wants from you that will change his circumstances, what is he reaching out for? Just the ticket? Money, a place? He still wants someone else to do the work part and him to step in and receive. To just receive with no effort.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this. You sound like a good caring friend and I hope the matters resolves to bring you some peace.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ladybird - sorry to hear that you are going though this

Help is available once he stops drinking - foreign countries have shelters for homeless etc..... they key here is staying sober

I wish your friend well, addiction is a terrible disease
Old 10-15-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very sorry, Ladybird.
Hard to watch someone self-destruct, even from a distance.
Hugs.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry. It's horrible to watch for sure.

Thing is, he could decide, this second, to do something with himself. He is choosing to do this, God gave us free will to make our own decisions. It's tragic when those you care about won't do anything to take control of their own recovery and lives.

Big hugs friend.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As horrible as his situation is, YET he still manages to send you selfish me, me, me, I want, I want, I Want, I need, I need, I need, messages. When was the last time he messaged you just to see how you were doing?

I’m glad you are sticking to your boundaries and using that little but powerful word – NO. Good for you!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is so tragic to watch . . . . I guess in this position we watch with our hearts but not our eyes. I suppose if he has a bottom this is where he will find it.

In these situations I pray more out of desperation and my own need.

May all the angels of the world gather round him, you and his family.