Came home

Old 10-12-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Came home

Hello guys so my AW checked her self out of rehab after 2 weeks and is back at home. I did not agree with the decision but as she went it voluntarily she was able to say when she wanted to come home. I talk her about it and she said the enviroment that she was in was not good. The staff would yell and degrade them and were not nice. I don't know how much of it is true but it is what it is.

I also asked her if she has a relapse prevention plan and she said yes. Her plan is to do 90 in 90 days and get a sponser to help her through the steps and she want to be a better her for her and her family.

I am just going to stand back and let her do it on her own and help her out as a support but not going to carry her through it or push her to do it. As it is not my choice it is hers. My plan is to keep working on me and in the case that she does relapse im just going to leave her as I don't want this for my kids or me. I hope she doesn't and she can go through the 12 steps of AA.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Theguy...it sounds to me like you have the right attitude.

Absolutely....do keep working on yourself, because you need it no matter which direction things go....
Old 10-12-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan, theguy.
She walks her path; you walk yours.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for the support.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Heya Theguy

Yeah - she has to do it. All you can do is work on you. I hope she can give the AA the commitment she was not able to bring to the rehab center, but it is up to her.

Do you have an in-case-of-relapse plan?
Old 10-13-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i hope by now she has been to 1, maybe 2, meetings!
Old 10-14-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have never met an addict who likes rehab. They have to work hard and dig deep, not on drugs, what addict likes that? I am sure she will also say, all the people in aa are way worse then she is and can't be around them either. Plan B.

I agree with Anvil, is she going to day 2 of her 90 meetings in 90 days? If shes not, what are you doing for you and your kids? She is an addict, my friend, follow through or don't threaten it.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She's doing her 90 in 90. And is looking for a sponser as well. I haven't threatened her with anything yet that's not my plan as I don't want to give her the the either me or booze thing because I feel like that will give her the motivation to go drink and say F this. So I haven't told her anything of the sort I'm letting her do it. I'm still reading and I have a theripest meeting here in the next week for me I'm keeping my kids as my number one.