Forgiving

Old 10-09-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forgiving

This weekend I went back to the place I left with friends, it’s where my XAB still lives and well all the memories do too.

Thankfully, I was with a solid group of friends that support and love me. We did all the fun things that I loved doing there. It was a good weekend tinged with just a little sadness. I purposely didn’t go where I knew he would be and avoided seeing him all together.

I made happy memories in a place I loved and still love. When I left I was happy not to be leaving but that it was no longer such a sensitive place for me. It was happy again. I am sad for the choices he has made with his life and all it has robbed him of, I forgive him though and know that when I asked him to stay away from me this weekend he respected that. I take comfort in knowing he understands I can’t have front rows seats to his self destruction. I am happier and healthier without him and I know that is hard for him yet I am happy I didn’t get pulled back into it.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! This is a great step in your recovery. (Good move to go with friends).

Although doing this may have been a bit difficult, I think it shows your courage and that you are reclaiming your own life without him.

Also, you are not allowing him to control where you go in your own life. And that is a Very Good Thing!!
Old 10-09-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, I really came out of the weekend feeling like a had my life back. It was an important step for me.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is a great recovery tool -- go with sober, healthy friends. Thanks so much for posting!