Disappointment

Old 10-01-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Vivisectus you're so right

Day 3 of silence has just begun. If he had talked to me the first night, I think we could've moved on. But the silence makes me more and more sure that I've had enough. Now just praying for the strength to finally make the decision to live my own life for me, not live for him.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

SaveYourHeart am I right in remembering that his not-drinking came as a result of an ultimatum you gave him? I seem to recall a thread where you were okay with how that played out because things were nice and pleasant at the moment, but that you were still ready to follow through if he switched gears and picked up a drink.

Is this better? Three days of silent treatment? Twenty-seven eff you's?

Don't you deserve so much more than this?
Old 10-02-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's correct SparkleKitty . I made the ultimatum with every intention of following through. On Friday I wasn't sure I could but I'm going to start boxing some stuff up on Wednesday and if all goes well, I'll be out by the weekend.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good luck to you with getting out! It is hard. It takes so much strength and it takes NOT second guessing yourself. You are making the right decision. I've struggled with mine off and on for so many years. I know how difficult it can be, but you are worth it. Do what is right for you.

Like my ACOA mom told me (she learned from experience!): no one is going to take care of you but you. You need to look out for yourself. If you put the time and energy in caring for yourself that you put into him, you'd be the healthiest person alive.