OT: Looking for a new job

Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Interestingly enough, there have been other jobs open up just today within another department...and I qualify for two of them. It is something to consider.
Life leads is to where we are supposed to go, Seren. You will be wonderful wherever you go.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Pray about it.

Honestly...

Put your heart into it, let go with all your emotions and expect God/Universe/ Mother Earth/Great Spirit to answer.

Ask for eyes to see and ears to hear. Expect answers and look for great things to happen.

I quit my school job at the end of May. My summer job is almost over, yet was extended an extra month. Good things keep opening up and life is FUN in ways I could not imagine before.

I have no anxiety... mostly due to other life changes before this..., much less discomfort with getting out of my comfort zone, and looking forward to what each day is bringing my way.

There are no wrong choices, just different paths.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I've definitely been doing that, Keepingthefaith! I pray that the path will open up for whatever it is I am meant to do...

I have a friend who works in the division in which these other section jobs have opened, so she is going to get more information for me to help me decide if I should apply or not...we'll see!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh yes, the academic sector is tricky. Yikes.

You may find that you have technical skills (GIS is what pops to mind) that cross over quite nicely to the private sector. You may want to give that whirl if you can.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thinking of you.

I have a new job... coming up very soon... I'm looking forward to it, getting tempting signs from HP/God/Universe...

Waiting to see what exactly it is.

When I get the urge to pound on something or cry, that comes, then I listen to music, do something fun, dance a little more than I used to, and another clue comes up.

May you have a wonderful evening. Keep us updated.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yes, private sector is definitely what I would like. I'm just not sure I have translatable skills, but there is only one way to find out.

I'm in a bit of a panic now because, of course, well-trained codie that I am, I feel responsible for the success of the department I would be leaving. Lol!

How can I do this to them? This will set their work back another 6 months!!

Yes, I think things like this...still. Not saying I'm acting on them, but I am thinking.

Those other jobs that have opened in another division of the same organization? Well, I am beginning to question whether or not I should apply (I have another week before the posting closes). One of the fairly major items on the job description list is something I have training in but no actual work experience. I just wish that God would send me a nice neon sign as to the best path for me...*sigh*

Still looking, always looking!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

He is.

Stop looking. Stop doing. Go play. SERIOUSLY.

There is nothing for you to do more of, or better, or calls to make, or lists to write.

If you're not ready to leave work, perhaps the time isn't quite right.

Pray, keep that conversation going with faith and excitement. If you don't have FAITH and excitement, look for it easy ways, such as enjoyment of food, nature, music. That is contagious and will transform everything else, IF you Let go and Let God.

My AHA moment was realizing I don't know how to let go and Let God... AHA!!! That's a God-thing. I told Him/Her/Universe that it would need to be done for me, because it's beyond me.

The same thing with this job. It's already worked out, it's already waiting for me. The timing just isn't right now.

Meditate on the things that have just HAPPENED for you. If you can't think of them, pray again...
Ask for eyes to see and ears to hear.

When it's time, God will guide you in ways that leave no doubt. You'll open your mouth and say something you didn't know you could. You'll take new actions without pondering over them. You'll feel the push, the instinct, a deep knowing you can't ignore.

All is well. Go have fun with the day.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Affirmations: I have healing in my life. I am open to healing. I am open to meeting new people. I am growing in new, good, exciting ways.

-------
My physical limitations are being transcended. Life is changing. I accept these changes and realize I have all the strength I need, when I need it. If I don't have the physical, mental, emotional strength... Then prayer is even more important to guide me... and perhaps it is... to rest... until it's time to take a different action. Rest is an action. Wait is an action. Pray is an action.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

As I get ready to leave my summer job, this YouTube talk really speaks right to me about postive/negative energy of where I am and where I'm going.

Inviting you to listen with an open mind.

There's already a deep knowing inside each of us. Tapping into that -- and into seeing how we block ourselves from what we really want -- can be a game changer.

https://youtu.be/goobqSF2jqs

I've needed to see the negative of where I am to give me the idea of something new ahead. Now I'm looking forward to embracing all the good of where I am to bring THAT energy into my next job.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I feel sure this will come as no surprise, but my unfortunate co-worker called in sick yesterday and began with the drunk texts again. I suspected that he may have singled out a young, female temp worker in our group...so I asked her. Turns out he has subjected her to individual drunk texts and phone calls of a lewd nature. Since she is only an hourly, temporary worker, she did not feel like she could say anything to our manager.

So I have offered to talk to him on her behalf of she is not comfortable doing so herself. She does not deserve to be treated to this man's behavior...and neither does any other young woman hired into this group.

Hope a brilliant new job comes along soon...
Old 09-26-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think this organization will be one to offer help to this man first...at least I hope so. He needs help, and the kind of help we are not qualified to provide.

I don't think that this young woman is interested in suing, merely getting it to stop.

In the morning, I will make sure that she is comfortable with my speaking with our manager about this. Our manager will likely want to also talk to her about what has been happening, and I don't want to make her any more uncomfortable. I won't put her in that position.

I have blocked my coworker's phone so that I won't have to listen to any more of his drunken ramblings...
Old 09-26-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I am assuming that this has happened to many other women working for this organization.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I can't answer that, Dandy. It has not happened to me (in that I was not singled out for particular attention), and I have not met any other women who have worked in my small group.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Seren! Good luck.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Had the talk...

....now I wait to see how this will all play out.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Very proud of you. I know that would not have been easy.

Whatever the response, you will have more information to help you make your next move.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Exactly!! Thank you SparkleKitty
Old 09-29-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good for you.
You did the right thing.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Just chiming in my support. What you did took guts.