Merry go round again!

Old 08-24-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Merry go round again!

Well I let my guard down and boom there went the rug again! I have been going to therapy with AH for the last several weeks. He had been living somewhere else until his job started traveling a lot. So he was staying with us on the days he wasn't traveling. We were coming to a decision about what to do during the school year. We had a major break through in therapy and its the first time in 6 months I had a tiny sliver of hope. Fast forward one week. Comes home drunk knowing I will be late in getting home blows above the legal limit 3 hours after he's been home with DS20. He had been finally making headway with his DD17. The self destruction is unbelievable and just like last time she has the SAT on Saturday. I told him to pack a bag and get out in the morning and not to contact her at all until after the test. Luckily she had no idea and will just think he's traveling, my son knew because he's the one who interacted with him. My gut had been telling me not to let him move home but my kids were enjoying him. Its just so sad to me that this is where things are for my kiddos. I detached along time ago but my kids haven't perfected this skill yet.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, I think a lot of us can relate to the merry go round. When it feels like things are getting better then BOOM, it all falls down. Even being detached it does a number on your emotions. I know I'm your case kids are involved. I think you did the right thing. Addicts are untrustworthy and until they have a good length of sobriety behind them and have proven themselves, it's best to assume these behaviors are there for good.

I'm sorry again for what you are dealing with. Just focus on your and your kiddos
Old 08-25-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I truly understand. I have watched this cycle OVER AND OVER with my XAH and my children. There is no feeling like watching your children be hurt by an addict, none.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Tight hugs!
Old 08-27-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unfortunately while he is active, no improvement will happen. I'm very sorry you and your children have to experience this but at least now you know what to do. Whatever, don't beat yourself up ... the progression of alcoholism must be seen to be believed.