Hi new here

Old 08-26-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnrun View Post
Hi all.I just want to start by saying thank you all.it's taking me weeks to find the courage to post here.this past month I've found out my Ah has cheated on me.it came out after a massive row we had.he's been to rehab and is sober this past month,doing aa meeting with his sponsor.I have just started alanon.the thing is I'm getting really angry(although hiding it well)because I don't want to be the reason he start's drinking again.I just feel so alone right now.thanks for listening.
My husband cheated on me too. It had a deep psychological affect and has taken some time to deal with it, and sort out my feelings. We are trying to make it work as he is in recovery also. Im happy you posted, and its good to hear you have support where you live. It also helped me to check out some websites that deal with marriage and infidelity. Lots of shares about how people worked through it, or why they decided to end the marriage.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

There is no need to struggle alone in the dark when so many have gone before you and are holding up candles to light your way.[/QUOTE]

Thank you honey
That quote is really comforting.your right of course I'm only starting to see the trees from the wood or is it the other way round lol.I got some clarity from my counselor about MY behavior.it's a hard thing to look at myself and my own anger and guilt but at last I'm taking responsibility for it.thanking you
Old 08-28-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aliciagr View Post
My husband cheated on me too. It had a deep psychological affect and has taken some time to deal with it, and sort out my feelings. We are trying to make it work as he is in recovery also. Im happy you posted, and its good to hear you have support where you live. It also helped me to check out some websites that deal with marriage and infidelity. Lots of shares about how people worked through it, or why they decided to end the marriage.
Thanks you
Yes it's scary the effects of it had on me..I asked my councillor why did I pick now to fall apart and she reasoned it was it's the first time in my life that I had time to look at ME,and boy have I some work to do
Thanks for taking the time to post it's really a massive leaving curve reading all everyone's post and picking up on similarities .