Just another update

Old 07-17-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just another update

My life is just terrific right now. Can't believe I'm not coming here with any more problems or to complain. Don't even feel right that I am posting about how great life can be when so many people here are going through h3ll.

Anyway, went to Baltimore this weekend to spend the weekend with my daughter and to help her with some projects. (This is the daughter that didn't speak to me for many years). She had her friend come over the night that I arrived on Friday, perhaps because she didn't know if she would feel comfortable. Well, we all had a good time, and I brought along some pictures from when they were growing up together, and everything was great.

My daughter wanted to learn how to strip paint off of a door. She had a really old door, it was just beautiful, but it was painted, and it was really hiding all of the hidden beauty in it. We spent all of Saturday working together on this, while we were really reconnecting with each other. We did get the door stripped, and we did get one side of it stained, but it's a long process because you need to add in the drying time of the stain, and then the finish. So the door is 70% completed.

Then we went to her deck outside. She wanted to clean it. It had that boardwalk gray look to it. It was too hot to do the deck on Sunday, but we just wanted to see if the stuff I picked up would work. We only did three boards because the sun kept drying up the stuff, and we had to keep reapplying, but I have to tell you, those 3 boards looked almost brand new when we finished.

I know this is a lot of babble about nothing, but, my daughter told me that she was nervous and anxious about doing this, but she wanted to do this, and she needed me to help her and to push her towards what she wanted.

Next, we go on to building industrial pipe furniture.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))) and thanks for listening to me
amy
Old 07-17-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amy, please keep posting these updates.

I lurked around here years ago and I remember the abject misery your marriage was with your A.

I'm so inspired by how you changed your life around and made your own needs a priority.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love hearing this Amy! So glad you are doing well and enjoying yourself!
Old 07-18-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So good to hear, Amy! I know you were unhappy about relationships with your kids for quite a while and it's wonderful to learn you're all rebuilding.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

So glad to hear from you Amy and that you finally have the happy life you deserve
Old 07-18-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to read that things are going well for you. May they continue getting better every day.

COD
Old 07-18-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update. Gives me hope that my kids and I will reconnect. Also I am still in a bit of a holding pattern- and trying to work on developing a really good life for myself.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((Amy)))))))))))))

So happy for you!!! You deserve it..