Ex bf and how I brought this on myself

Old 07-23-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

it is NOT your fault that he was outside during a storm and by chance got struck by lightening. you are not powerful enough to be the cause of that. no one is.

he chose to start this adventure, traipsing across europe with NO money. you gave him money. he WAS in hospital after you left. as it was he made it "home" and was staying in a hostel.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

OMG, you serious? Struck by lightening?

If he hasn't been such an abusive a**, maybe you would still be around. A consequence is a consequence. And how do you know under what circumstances was he precisely in that storm? Jeez, even animals seek shelter. I'm sorry you have to do through all this. But if "I did not cause it, I cannot change it, I cannot cure it" is not applicable in this particular case, then I really don't know if it should ever be used.

What is the statistical chance to be struck by lightening anyway?

And about the bipolar guilt trip (this one really triggered me) . . . I was told my ex was also bipolar, after 10 years of marriage, after I literally run away. Nope, his spiraling out of control after I left was purely alcohol related. Alcohol is a mind altering substance.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Maybe his HP knew that being struck by lightening will be his rock bottom and the only thing that will cause him to want to get sober????