Wishing Lexie Well Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
A work in progress

So I went to the surgeon yesterday. He told me they STILL do not have the full path report--he knows exactly what's hanging them up. He said the pathologists are trying to "reconstruct" the resected portion of the lobe with the tumor that he removed during surgery to confirm that it was cancerous. He said he understands why they need to do it, but he said, "I know what I did, and what they are trying to figure out has no effect on the overall result of the surgery." I don't think they can OFFICIALLY stage it until the path report is complete, but he said it was adenocarcinoma or, as he referred to it, "garden-variety lung cancer." But because there is no sign of metastasis to lymph nodes or anywhere else, there should be no further treatment needed. I will have another appointment in a week and a half or so, and he is bringing an oncologist on board to advise as to surveillance protocol for keeping an eye on things in the future, but he sees no reason not to believe this has essentially "cured" the cancer.

LOL, after he repeated "no nodes" a couple of times, I said, "and, of course, no nodes is good news." It took about 45 seconds for what I had said to sink in, and he was laughing, saying that it initially went right over his head. We spent some time exchanging good book recommendations, and my cousin could not BELIEVE what an amazing doctor he was, in terms of how he talked to me.

It is a nice bonus that he's totes adorbs, lol--early to mid-30s, and just as friendly and attentive as you can imagine.

My cousin and I have had a great visit--she's helping me with some house cleaning and some errands that required some muscle. I'm now cleared to drive and really have zero restrictions. I have tiny incisions almost completely healed already. My cousin asked my doctor the size of the lobe they removed, and he said it's about the size of a softball. Surgical technology now is AMAZING.

I plan to work a bit next week--maybe just 3-4 hours a day and after that should be back to normal. Just don't want to push myself too hard too soon.

Thank you all SO MUCH for all the good vibes/wishes/laughs/etc. I certainly hope there are still some good leftovers from the codie bus. I have no doubt that all the good energy being poured my way helped with my recovery!

Old 07-22-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

So glad for all the good news in your most recent post, Lexie, and it sounds like your doc is a human, which is good (and not always the case!)

So yeah, "no nodes is good nodes", and go get some of the Codie Bus Delectables!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
because there is no sign of metastasis to lymph nodes or anywhere else, there should be no further treatment needed.
Hi Lexie,

I hadn't been on the site for a few days and just saw this thread.

No further treatment needed is fantastic news. With all the goodwill and kindness and you provide on this site, you deserve great news like that !

Old 07-24-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Great news, Lexie!!! You are too valuable a person for anything else.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update!! Glad you are progressing nicely! A 'softball'?? That's H-U-G-E! Modern medicine is amazing.

Continued prayers and good wishes.

COD
Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing well and in good care Lexie!!!! Big Hugs!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am sighing relief for you too , Lexie. Glad all is well but it was still a big process so I hope you will take it easy.

Hugs
Old 07-24-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Awesome news. Continued prayers for healing
Pink hugs
Old 07-25-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good news, indeed. Rest, heal, be well.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

SUCH great news Lexie!

Keep taking care of yourself, and I'm glad you got a good AND adorable Doc - that helps
Old 07-25-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Happy to hear that everything went well! Sounds like you have a great doctor and a great cousin!