Friend died age 33 of alcoholism...

Old 07-16-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all very much for your support. Some days I think about him all day and feel very sad, some days i feel hopeless, some days I laugh... I hope by time I will remember the good memories, and his tragic dead will be less in my mind. We had daily contact and sometimes I look at his last message, the date of the message stares at me, times goes so fast after he died.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you all very much for your support, hugs and prayers. Its been a while since I came to this forum. I cry a lot about my friend, now its really hitting hard that he is no longer here, i miss him every day. When I think about him I dont see the alcohol addiction but I see his whole life and how he was when he was younger. Its so hard to see pictures of him and hear his voice, from the outside he looked like a normal young men, from the inside he was more sick then I knew. When someone is drinking for more then 20 or 30 years you would expect them to be so sick, but because he was only 33 I never expected him to die so soon. I always had hope he would become healthy. Its still hard to believe he had no changes anymore that his body was already so sick at his age.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's quite amazing really. Some people take a very long time to get that sick. Others it happens more quickly. If he had hepatitis it's not surprising sadly.

I think it's important that you see him for the friend and person he was, and to realize he is in peace. That had to be a miserable way of life for him, and his suffering is over. Remember and appreciate the good, try to forget the bad.

I send you hugs and peace.