The grieving has started.. I think?

Old 06-26-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The grieving has started.. I think?

I've been having a hard time with my break up the past few days(weekend) because I know my ex is still out there drinking and just being out of control,minus work, she always goes to work. I was feeling down again today as I'm at home,alone and today was always our day together(albeit a day of drinking and most likely a night of insane arguments) so, I took a walk and listened to music for an hour..That really helped! During my walk I remembered the craziness..The her drinking non-stop for 6+hours at the bar,the arguments fueled by her being blacked out..My drinking didn't help but, even when I quit for 7+months she was the same,not always but,more than I was comfortable with. We split up a few weeks ago and have only seen each other once since the split..Same as the above happened,yet again(big surprise). She's reached out a few times via text with some 'breadcrumbs' and once about an issue with her kid,breadcrumbs again, to me, as I have no control over what happened..
Anyways...I'm still living my life day by day. Hanging with friends,helping others and not drinking today..That's all I can do and I know I can not control the way others choose to live their lives. I need to guard myself,my sobriety and my sanity.. Thanks for letting me rant!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm two weeks into no-contact with my A, so I feel ya. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with your story, but are you in a recovery program re: your drinking?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
I'm two weeks into no-contact with my A, so I feel ya. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with your story, but are you in a recovery program re: your drinking?
I attend AA, here and just started seeing a therapist. I had a 'slip' a week or so ago where I drank one night and made some 'bad decisions' with some women.. I came here the next day and haven't drank since. Nor do I plan to.. I was just in the "f" it mindset that night and didn't care. I actually knew it was 'just for the night' but, that's no excuse and I felt horrible the next morning.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A good fiend of mine from TX,who's 15yrs sober,sent me this just now.. he said;"This is not meant to make you more depressed but, to show you where you two were heading. Keep your head up and take care of you! She's gone. Let it stay that way!". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEbBJq5pvM