New to recovery, seeking understanding.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A work in progress

As upsetting as it may be, at least you now have some clarity about the situation. Please keep working on taking good care of yourself. None of what she is doing is any reflection on you, however it might feel right now. Rehab relationships rarely end well, for either person. But she had made her decision, and YOU have a wonderful life to look forward to. Allow yourself time to grieve and to process and to heal, and things will start to look better.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexi - I am gaining some much needed clarity. About myself. I have realized some behaviors that I would like to eliminate to be more healthy...how I react to some situations instead of act. As much as this sucks it really is great for me to begin again in a way and be stronger.

Maybe some of my codependent tendencies pushed her further into this guys arms. But let it go and let god right? The point is I realized that I have those tendencies and am working on them.

I realized I handled breaking up with her not in a truly loving way-not getting the closure I needed and reaching for it without acceptance. That if I do love her, it does mean I wish the best for her despite the circumstances.

I don't know what this means as far as if she realized that any relationship with me (friends or otherwise) is unhealthy for her and she is moving on accordingly. I do understand she owes me nothing - even amends. Time will tell if she truly values the relationship the same way I do; that letting me down easy was the best way she could handle it as much as I was blew it by not accepting it sooner.

Either way its happening and right now its none of my business until it becomes my business.

Thanks for reading.