TGIF!! Show yourself some love this weekend

Old 06-06-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
I might actually find dress shoes I can really wear without looking like a middle-aged hippie!
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Listen, after wearing boring lawyer clothes for the past 30-some years, I'm finally loosening up. I bought a bunch of Free People clothes, too, to help celebrate my almost-40-pound weight loss.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Box, she is absolutely a doll! Happy faces, love it!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Listen, after wearing boring lawyer clothes for the past 30-some years, I'm finally loosening up. I bought a bunch of Free People clothes, too, to help celebrate my almost-40-pound weight loss.
Middle-aged hippie (with a tiny bit of polish) is how I roll! I discovered this year that black tights/leggings with colorful tunic (I like Papillon), Naots or Privo dress flats, and silver hoop earrings is my new uniform. (Also lost a whole lot of weight this year - unfortunately it was stress-related rather than a deliberate choice, but the upside is that I wear much shorter skirts than I used to).
Old 06-09-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I got a haircut first thing this morning (after 30 mins of walking & hand weights)

Then I stopped at the Thrift Store & picked up 3 shirts, a jacket & a portable CD player (for my beach trip) - grand total, $14.

I invited 2 good friends over tonight to do girl-talk, facials & pedicures at my house to relax our way into the weekend.

I had fun picking up items over the last 2 weeks that will make my boss smile when she gets back from her trip next week. She does so much for others & no one ever remembers her & this trip was beyond challenging. I wanted to find a way to show her some gratitude so I got her some aromatherapy stress-relieving candles, hand lotion & shower gels from Bath & Body Works, cleaned her office completely, handled some stuff on her to-do list that she wasn't looking forward to & stocked the office with her favorite lunches & snacks. I'm smiling just thinking about how happy she's going to be over that "little" stuff!!
Old 06-09-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Wow FireSprite! You sound like you're really happy right now <3 Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 06-09-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

FUN, Firesprite!!

HEading a couple hours away to see the family for my grandmothers 91st birthday, should be great!

Have a wonderful weekend all!
Old 06-09-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great weekend for each of the Fire Twins!

I'm not sure what my weekend will hold--a lot depends on my energy level. Finally got that other room painted, and just finished mowing the lawn. It's supposed to be hot as blazes, so a trip to the local park w/a quarry where you can swim may be in order. I love to paddle myself out to the float line and then just hang out, out there, watching the dragonflies zip by or land on the floats. It's especially nice if I can do this not too long before I go to sleep, since it seems like I can still feel the gentle rocking of the water when I lie in bed...

Meanwhile, grateful for wash on the line and a freshly mowed yard!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I've decided it's time to cut my hair SHORT again. I've had it around jaw-length for the last few years, and I'm sorta tired of that--not to mention, I color my own hair and I have a terrible time doing the roots in the back.

Before I met my last ex (who, like most men his age, had a "thing" for long hair), I had VERY short hair that I used to cut, myself. It looked great when I was so thin, but as I got heavier again, the longer hair sort of camouflaged my weight. Now that I'm skinny again, I think a really SHORT cut would be nice. I printed out the haircut I like (Sharon Stone's pixie, though I don't expect to look like Sharon Stone!), and I'm gonna go for it. WTH, if I don't like it, I grow it out. No big deal.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

That's the great thing about hair, right? If you cut it or color it and don't like the result, you just let it grow out and try something else.

I also have worn my hair very, very short for a number of years, like buzz-it-with-clippers kind of short. One of XAH's good features was that he DIDN'T have that thing about long hair and was totally OK w/it being that short. In the days before he and I started cutting each other's hair, though, it used to be difficult to get the person at the hair cut place to cut it as short as I wanted it, and I was asked, with horror, on more than one occasion, "what does your HUSBAND think about this?"

It worked well for me and was beyond easy care to NO care. However, I'm wanting something different and have started to let it grow out. The 90-degree temps that we're supposed to have for the next several days could certainly put an end to this idea, though....
Old 06-10-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I've decided it's time to cut my hair SHORT again. I've had it around jaw-length for the last few years, and I'm sorta tired of that--not to mention, I color my own hair and I have a terrible time doing the roots in the back.

Before I met my last ex (who, like most men his age, had a "thing" for long hair), I had VERY short hair that I used to cut, myself. It looked great when I was so thin, but as I got heavier again, the longer hair sort of camouflaged my weight. Now that I'm skinny again, I think a really SHORT cut would be nice. I printed out the haircut I like (Sharon Stone's pixie, though I don't expect to look like Sharon Stone!), and I'm gonna go for it. WTH, if I don't like it, I grow it out. No big deal.
OMG, the new haircut is AWESOME. My stylist said, "Why didn't you have it this way BEFORE?"

Super happy with it!!!
Old 06-10-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I had a day off so I had a lie in then I've spent it chilling out and had a foot spa. Am on my feet all day and have arthritis in my joints and it was bliss to have time to soak them and have them massaged in bubbles. I spent time with my sons and cats and got some jobs done around the place.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

OMG, the new haircut is AWESOME. My stylist said, "Why didn't you have it this way BEFORE?"

Super happy with it!!!
So jealous! I wish I could pull off a short pixie cut. I did it once and looking back at pictures, I wonder why no one told me the truth about how it looked!! LOL I hate spending time on fixing my hair thus my wet pony tail or bun is what I have most days.

I got to enjoy the pool today and had it all to MYSELF! So relaxing to just float around and read a book for the first time in ages.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Ran 8.5 miles this morning (got a sitter for DS), bought some good smelling lotions and shower gels on sale, going for a run again tomorrow oh and cleaned the house - my mine just left and the mess was getting to me 😎
Old 06-10-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Had my haircut the other day. A trendy boy-barber..music blaring out hip-hop or wraps ,(chicken I think)- the songs were mainly effing (fill in whaever word you want), effing that.....
Though about my last little counsellor with an Arnold S. approach to therapy- about doing stuff that make you feel uncomfortable- a risk. So got haircut- left it up to them. Thankfully the new trend look is basically Gibbs from NCIS. They did want to make an exaggerated hall front hairline- to sweep over in an emo part- NOPE! That was a little too much. So..it basically is just 'a decent haircut'. Sunday afternoon (just) here now. Cold. Doing art, writing, CBT homeworkies (mine- for me- my ego, superego ) ID go on, but I won't.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I liked reading all your updates, friends and neighbors--glad things are going well for everyone so far!