TGIF!! Show yourself some love this weekend

Old 06-02-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes people! It's a big one. A decade turner. I promised myself I wouldn't be living under the same roof with a verbally abusive alcoholic by this birthday and I'm not. I had hoped to have divorce complete, but I can't control that so I'm letting it go...Happy weekend to everyone!
Old 06-02-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
I don't know, Lexie, can you use that as a verb? Will the grammar nazis come and get you? I know things like that matter to you...
Given that they refer to their sales professionals as "Fluevogologists," I think it's safe to say it would be considered acceptable usage.

Half the fun of the shoes is just the culture. Poking around their website is like being in a playground--with lots of fun graffiti on the sidewalks to read. There's actually a little dial you can turn on the website to make it "more" or "less" Fluevogian (displaying scribbles and stuff).

#secondchildhood
Old 06-02-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fluevogologists? Fluevogian?

Is this a CULT? Should I be worried about all of you?
Old 06-03-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hmm, is it a cult? Well, they have a way of getting you to hand over your earthly possessions, the shoes are in various "families," the Angel family is advertised as "Resistant to alkali, water, acid, fatigue, and Satan." And, of course, we are always looking to bring converts into the fold.

Draw your own conclusions.

I'm wondering if pledging loyalty to Fluevog would get me a Canadian permanent resident visa...
Old 06-03-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I'm wondering if pledging loyalty to Fluevog would get me a Canadian permanent resident visa...
It can't hurt to try, Lexie. It took my brother over 3 years to get his permanent residency, part of which was that he had to prove an ongoing genuine relationship w/his Canadian GF, kind of like "Green Card."

Actually, you probably should have started long before you really had any inkling that you'd need it...
Old 06-04-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well, the painting ended up taking a back seat, mostly b/c the weather was so wet, and my brother the contractor advises not to paint when it's raining/very humid if you have a choice. I do have a choice, so I spent a lot of yesterday lying in bed, alternately reading and just listening to the rain and the thunder. I felt such guilt at first for not being productive, but it was just a really delectable way to spend the AM!

Today I went and bought the plants for my few planters that I make up each year, got them planted and watered, and am now hiding inside from the heat (nearly 90) and humidity. I know, FS, this is probably everyday life for you, but I am a Wisconsinite born and bred and I don't function well in this!

Hope everyone else has had a great weekend thus far and is feeling happy and nourished in every way!
Old 06-05-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh dear God, WHY did I look up those shoes??? You all don't understand the depths of my Alice in Wonderland fetish.

Originally Posted by honeypig
I know, FS, this is probably everyday life for you, but I am a Wisconsinite born and bred and I don't function well in this!
Yes, but I GET IT. It's the same for me when I travel to MA for work in the late summer & am the only one freezing in the NE US August weather - I seriously take my session breaks to stand outside in the sun because I cannot get/stay warm while I'm there unless I'm in the gym, hot tub or sauna.

I also struggled with feeling unproductive & okay about it HP - things just wouldn't get off the ground for me this weekend, everyone around me was in weird places emotionally or sick or "whatever". My success was in staying away from it all & learning the lesson of not taking it all personally.... not always easy.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Is this a CULT? Should I be worried about all of you?
Haha - well it is sucking up a good portion of my income! C'mon, guys...drink the kool-aid, its GOOD!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Mine is from the library, but it's looking like it may be something to put on the "to buy" list.
Psssst!!!

https://www.thriftbooks.com/

This is how I can afford so many books..... free shipping on orders $10 & over. They have "Goddesses" in hard cover, like-new (but used) & it's only about $6 right now.

I buy everything there - Codependent No More, 4 Agreements, Who Moved My Cheese, all my fiction, etc.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

FireSprite! Thank you! I only ever looked at Amazon, and the best they can do is about $12 by the time the shipping is included!

I'll definitely have to check out this Thriftbooks. Ten bucks isn't very much to have to put together for an order w/free shipping....

Appreciate the tip!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

A lot of the time, I get a book from the library first to make sure I even want to spend the $5 or so on it. And for me, I don't want to waste tons of shelf space on anything I won't read multiple times or use as a reference book.

There is also https://www.discoverbooks.com/ but in all honesty I've had a lot of issues with discrepancies on their inventory shown as available online vs. reality & their customer service is not great.

Thriftbooks will also let you set a reminder for out of stock books so when they get them in they can add them to your cart. The books are used obviously, but I've always found their "ranking " system to be very accurate. If you can manage to stack more books from the same warehouse, they give you small discounts (like .50 per book) to encourage you to stay "green" by letting them ship multiple books from the same warehouse. (They have quite a few, all over the place)

I order a lot there for the kids for Christmas too.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
A lot of the time, I get a book from the library first to make sure I even want to spend the $5 or so on it. And for me, I don't want to waste tons of shelf space on anything I won't read multiple times or use as a reference book.
This is exactly my method too, FS. I don't know that I've EVER bought a book w/o getting it from the library first, unless maybe at a rummage sale where it's a quarter or something. Like you, I won't buy a book unless I love it enough to re-read it forever or unless it's reference--that's what libraries are for, right? They're a place to park those courtroom thrillers or whatever your particular guilty pleasure is...

I just ordered "Goddesses" and also a knitting book for my mom. Bang, ten bucks and free shipping. Very worthwhile!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I just saw this, so I will report what I did do.

I went and got haircut a pedicure. I could not understand her and kept saying yes to things, so it ended up expensive, but worth every penny!!

I went and got flowers and mulch for my yard and worked out there. It's an ongoing project but it's looking really nice.

I ate right and rested. I spent time with my mom. Gave the dog a bath, so hes all adorable and smells so good.

And best of all, when my XAH sent me an ugly text, I just ignored him.

Progress is being made!!
Old 06-05-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Great thread! This weekend it was nice and warm so spent a lot of time outside and at the dog park with my little guy, and then yesterday got to see my nephews and sit outside with my sister for a bite. I also saw Wonder Woman and tried to be my own Wonder Woman in the gym
Old 06-05-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Here is a sneak peak at me and my granddaughter this past weekend taking our first swim of 2017! We had a lot of fun. Hard to believe she just turned 4 years old!

Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I can't believe she's FOUR! (Or how young you still look!!)

She is PRECIOUS Box.

Well, it's Tuesday already guys. Which is practically Wednesday. And THAT'S halfway through the week. I see no need to stop this thread at this point, right? We're just getting ahead for next week, right?

I took DD in for acupuncture yesterday afternoon (she's all stuffed up) & finally remembered to hook myself up to my binaural beats with my headset before getting poked. The beats followed by my fave meditation = 46 mins which is about exactly how long I typically sit there for anyway. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Today I am getting back to some challenging yoga & step-walking since it's looking like rain for the next several days.

I made plans last night with girlfriends for this weekend.

I'm binge-watching Weeds. Again. I also just finished a Nurse Jackie binge.

I started back on my black seed oil supplement daily. And Vitamin D.

I bought myself a meditation headband which I LOVE. It's a clear, bendable tube filled with crushed amethyst & quartz. DD's has stones related to all 7 chakras - we share them for use during meditations & she likes wearing hers while she does anything creative.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

My body feels old Fire! So dang old! lol
Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'll guarantee you see an improvement in that over these next few months Box - in all seriousness..... I was SHOCKED at how the emotional "stuffing" I was doing was wearing on me physically. You may have a "worse before it's better" phase, but I'd still bet you feel way, way better in a few months time. Do NOT shirk your self care duties!!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ok, y'all! I'm looking up these shoes that you're gaga over!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I have a friend who is completely devoted to Fluevogs - and she is one of the least materialistic people I know, so if she gets excited over a product, I know it's something really good! They're a bit outside my price range, but if they ever go on sale ... I might actually find dress shoes I can really wear without looking like a middle-aged hippie!