Brand new to all of this!!!

Old 06-02-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

This man sounds like he has narcissistic personality disorder. These people are completely toxic. You ask how can you know if it's intentional or not? Bottom line, you can't. After wondering about the intentions of the N in our lives for a few years, myself and my sister finally came to the conclusion, that ultimately, we don't give a ****. Go no contact, you can't change this person, and his family clearly knows he's nuts. Bullet dodged!
Old 06-02-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks Kiwi

Originally Posted by Kiwidub View Post
This man sounds like he has narcissistic personality disorder. These people are completely toxic. You ask how can you know if it's intentional or not? Bottom line, you can't. After wondering about the intentions of the N in our lives for a few years, myself and my sister finally came to the conclusion, that ultimately, we don't give a ****. Go no contact, you can't change this person, and his family clearly knows he's nuts. Bullet dodged!
I believe you. Education has been my best friend lately so please feel free to let me know the things that present as NPD?

I only want to know at this point for more personal empowerment.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

He emailed me - you were all right

He emailed me this morning. Didn't see it until a bit ago.

---Thank you for being the greatest person... blah blah blah... I never intended to hurt you... blah... by the way I still have matters to settle like my 'this' and my 'that' ... I can meet you next week... whatever.

Didn't respond and I won't. My conscious is clear. Hey owes me a lot of $$$ so I'm not going to let him make me think I owe him anything, including his few renaming items worth a fraction of that. Or use it to manipulate me.

And I feel like he never has consequences to his actions in life! and he simply can't continue to get my business help and whatever he said anymore. Still trying to take!!!

Or his stupid few worthless items. "When you continue to drink and live this way... and treat people this way... sometimes you may have to lose a lamp or two because you lost your right to be in that person's life." My thought.

When he abused me, he abused ALL of me. He doesn't get part of me. Not even a reply.

I am NOT engaging or explaining. He will have to just go away. I'm not contacting him ever again.

So predictable! I'm a true believer guys! You were right! Lol. TGIF

Last edited by Hitbytrain; 06-02-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-04-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hitbytrain View Post
I believe you. Education has been my best friend lately so please feel free to let me know the things that present as NPD?

I only want to know at this point for more personal empowerment.
This video is one of the best I have ever seen about NPD ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCPDYt1wYk

One of the toughest things about NPD is that some addictive behavior can look a lot like NPD.

These two articles talk about that ...

Narcissism In A Bottle: The Self-Centeredness Of Addiction | HuffPost

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...rcissist-first

Richard Grannon and Sam Vaknin have some great videos about NPD ...

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPARTANLIFECOACH/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/samvaknin/videos
Old 06-04-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

This video is also excellent ... "50 Symptoms Of Narcissistic Abusers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCyLk1TVbMA
Old 06-04-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
You give him an awful lot of your mind real estate. Just look at what you posted: "In a short time he made me forget who I am. And that scares me."
Refiner makes an excellent point. Pathologize and diagnose him only to the extent that it helps you disengage from him, but don't kid yourself that he's got all the problems and that getting rid of him gets rid of your issues. Nobody on this earth can make you forget who you are unless you willingly let go of who you are. After you've done what you need to do to separate from him, start working on the question of what attracted you to him or else you'll rendezvous with another problematic individual. This part of you remains active unless you do a lot of internal exploration to change it.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Npd

That first link is brilliant, never seen it before. "Psychological ninjas" 😂