Update from Redheadsusie

Old 05-25-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update from Redheadsusie

Well I am moving on with life - Ah told me were selling the house - got me to fix the septic system - very expensive - i looked for a place to rent in another town over- found one and signed a lease - once I told him my move date he refused to sell - and wants to buy the house but he has no job - except odd jobs- I said well I am leaving still and moved April 12th- I said you can pay the house for now as I am done ( knowing his parents would pay the mortgage ) and they have been - he uses it as a party house I guess the neighbors say- he is coming at me for alimony - half of my business - wants all equity from the house - and even mentioned wanting my boat - he has a large Sea Ray already - I have paid the mortgage myself all this time although his folks put a down payment down for us - they of course want all of that back - wants my sons car and my car - he wants to be paid equity for those - he has truly shown what a drunk pathetic excuse for a man he is.

I am managing living with my best friend Esme the Golden Doodle now in a town with my sisters and one son- I have a nice brick townhome with a backyard for her and it is safe and new - I have to commute an hour about 3 days a week but worth it to not be in that atmosphere where he is - this is my home town and I am comfortable here even though I know nobody where I live.

My oldest got married at a winery in Charlottesville 2 weeks ago and it was a wonderful happy affair. It was wonderful and gorgeous and made me so proud I have wonderful sons - So blessed with a new daughter in law who loves my son so much! In Virginia without a separation agreement you have to wait 1 year to file so that will be September - he is being so unreasonable - I have blocked him completely- he is trying to get me off the mortgage illegally - has tried to get my car insurance cancelled - I am making notes and keeping records of it all- he thinks he has a chance of getting money from me - my attorney does not see it as he chooses not to work - lives a very nice lifestyle with his parents on the water and has a history of drug and alcohol abuse. We have no kids so the thought he thinks he is entitled to live off of me floors me but it should not - he wants me to just pay his way so he can boat and drink. I work 7 days a week which I don't mind I love real estate but am trying to get myself together - and strong again- I feel weak sometimes but know I will prevail - this is making me stronger somehow and I have family and friends who are there for me. I am trying to deal with the shame of staying with him for 18 years - married for 12 - I knew it would end not well- but truly did not expect this.

Anyway- thank you all for always listening- giving me strength and for baring with me while it took years to do this- I would tell people to get out while you can - don't hang on and hope - but it is not my place to assume all ends like my situation- I am hopeful your situation turns out better than mine but alcohol ruins lives - I hate it - I hate what it does to people - I hope I can date again one day and not be too f ed up- I love being in a relationship and do get lonely but I need to be smart and not give this arsehat any power in all of this - he is dating - he is truly so stupid - that sounds mean but what the hell was I thinking. Oh well thank you all again- I am strong - I will prevail and I will be better for it. Love you all!
Old 05-25-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're a rock star.

Sending you a hug.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Susie!

It's great to hear from you, I am so happy you have a place to call yours and have blocked him to give yourself some peace. OF COURSE he wants everything, they always do. Let your attorney work that out, it's what you pay them for.

Take good care of YOU!!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for stopping in to let us know how it's going. You're on a roll now, and I hope it just keeps on!

Wishing you strength, courage and patience to get through this.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update RHS. Despite the soon to be ex's quacking and money grubbing, things sound good for you and Esme (love her name).
Glad you are doing well.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear he's behaving like this towards you but sounds as though you are on track - hopefully the divorce will go through without too much more stress.
Enjoy your peaceful new home
Old 05-26-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you are enjoying your new place; a townhouse with a yard sounds divine!