Been awhile and struggling

Old 05-14-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been awhile and struggling

It's been awhile since I have posted and today is a struggle for many reasons...mother's day a few years ago lead to a discovery of a family secret which I feel lead to my soon to be ex increase in his drinking. He has been sober, as far as I know, for about 6 months.

We have our last mediation meeting this week. Then will have a lawyer draw up the divorce papers.

I am looking for another place still and next week would be our 19 yr anniversary.

Plus on top of that my 2 positions will be coming to an end soon at the place I have been at for 15 years. So I need to make decision about my career.

On top of that I became friends with a guy. My RA didn't like him based on what he heard about him...never met him. We enjoyed spending time together, but rumors started about us and we have drifted apart. I miss that friendship. We had a lot in common.

So much going on and today I feel an emotional mess. Trying to pull myself together for the kids and I to go out to lunch with my stbx.

Posting it hopes to clear my head so I can enjoy the rest of the day.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Kids, and welcome back. I hope you find it helpful to be posting here again.

mother's day a few years ago lead to a discovery of a family secret which I feel lead to my soon to be ex increase in his drinking.
Ever hear the saying "It's not what happens to you in life, it's what you choose to do about it"? If it wasn't the "family secret", it would almost certainly have been something else.

I'm sorry for all the upheaval in your life right now, and I hope you can find a steady star to set your course by. It won't be easy, that's for sure, but I have a feeling you'll find your way.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

K,
Glad you posted. I'm sorry you're having a rough day. There's a lot of stuff going down and I am sure it's over whelming. Step back, breath and take your time with the decision you need to make.

One day at a time, my friend. Sending a mother's day hug!!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Kids, happy to see you posting but sorry you are struggling. Hopefully today is better?

In all honesty, while reading your post my first thought was that this is your HP trying to show you that it's time for you to put yourself FIRST in your life. In the past you've had a history of fence-sitting if I remember correctly, letting others direct the decisions around you & just sort of waiting to see what transpired as a result.

This could be the BEST opportunity for you to sort of start with a clean slate (job, home, family dynamic) & I realize that's as intimidating as it is exciting! Sending you lots of positive thoughts today!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I completely agree with FireSprite!