Weird Dream

Old 05-09-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird Dream

Had a dream last night about my fiancé.

I won't bore you all with details.

Basically I was still trying to save her. Back and forth. Manipulation. Etc.

In my dream she went to hospital and got help.

Here's the weird part. When I woke up I wasn't sad. I'm not sad at all actually.

Anybody else have similar dreams about their XA? Also is this something I can expect to deal with for a while?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm an alcoholic and possibly also codependent - currently approaching one year and two months sober.

I've had vivid dreams about drinking, past arguments with spouse, and trauma from past in general - all in the past year. I'm no expert (ha) but it feels like the dreams are part of recovery and healing.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think the dreams are part of grieving - most of my family had odd ones about him within a couple months of losing my dad.

I even had odd ones about xabf after I left (and before now that I think about it), and he is still alive. Dreams are funny - don't read too much into them, but I think it's great that you woke up 'not sad.' Maybe our bodies find little ways to release it all so that its easier on us, and when we can't fully do it consciously ourselves. Hang in there.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by madgirl View Post
I'm an alcoholic and possibly also codependent - currently approaching one year and two months sober.

I've had vivid dreams about drinking, past arguments with spouse, and trauma from past in general - all in the past year. I'm no expert (ha) but it feels like the dreams are part of recovery and healing.
Hi. I'm two years and I still get them. They are so real. I'm so releaved when I wake up and I'm sober lol. They can sometimes make you feel Uncomfortable all day though. I immediately do some prayer around it. Seems to do the trick. Sometimes I can actually smell and taste it When I wake up. Mad stuff xx