Moving out

Old 05-09-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving out

Its official my DD and I are moving out. After spending nights in a hotel waiting for AH to go on a business trip this is the only way to find peace. She has 3 weeks of school left and I will be driving her from an hour away, but I think the drives will be good for us. When can talk uninterrupted and not distracted. I am gearing up for the $#&* to hit the fan when AH comes home and finds us gone. It still doesn't feel real even as I am packing. I look around and it feels like someone else's life. AH has so much hate for me it is unreal. I am being blamed for every decision he willingly participated in. I am the source of his unhappiness. He can sit alone and be happy, my daughter and I are going to our happy place and though the transition will be hard it will be peaceful. Its funny I have read your stories and thought "oh wow their situation is so much worse, so much more painful" I just didn't realize I hadn't reached that point in the timeline of living with an AH. Thank you for sharing your stories and giving me knowledge. We all jump off the timeline at different points when we are ready, and although I have experienced a lot of pain I am so grateful that your strength in sharing has saved my family from unimaginable situations. I pray for all of you and I truly love all of you brave souls.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Viola
Prayers ascending for you and your daughter as you go through this transition.
Perhaps one way to look at this separation from your partner, is to realize that you don't have to hate him. You came to see that the relationship was bad for all concerned, and you have had the courage to change.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too send prayers for you and your daughter. Please keep your and her safety first. There will be calm after the storm.

I have found that travels in the car have been some of my best times spent with my children, in that we have long talks during those times. And really, three weeks will go by quickly.

I am glad you have found support and courage here at SR. This is a place of great support, keep posting, you are not alone in this!
Old 05-09-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound great, you are going to be just fine,
prayers to you. Just reread your last post,
it's beautifully poignant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (43.0 KB, 128 views)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending you a hug.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs!!
Zircon
Old 05-09-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Viola - Just wanted to let you know that I really commend you for making that decision and for the timing. I know that at least three times I put off leaving because of my child's schedule, thinking it would traumatize him if we left the weekend before school started or two weeks before his birthday, etc. I was so in the FOG! You sound clear minded. And I'm with you on the drives - we have a long commute together every weekday and it's a great time to connect. Tears have been shed and many laughs have been had during our car time together. We've listened to books together and comedians - it has been great. All the best to you! Enjoy the peace!
Old 05-09-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Love, and hugs, and a big pat on the back to you. Hoping you have a speedy, peaceful exit, and so much beauty in the days ahead!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

V,
So proud of you. Keep moving forward.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, viola--good job! Best of luck as you and your daughter move forward.

Keep us posted, k?
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are a brave and brilliant woman. Thank you for posting your story - I am sure it will inspire others.

All the luck and love in the world for a happy life for you and your daughter.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Go get that new life girl!