30 days of limbo

Old 05-16-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I said COULD get into a fatal car accident tomorrow, not that we DID.

Sheesh. I make enough REAL mistakes, don't be flagging stuff I said right.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aaw.....I'm sorry, I was just trying to make a joke....because, the stuff gets so heavy, around here...it just seems like any comic relief is welcome.....

Actually, the reason I thought it was funny is because it reminds me of the classic 5th. grader joke---"If a plane crashes on the border of West Virginia and Tennessee, and all the passengers are killed...where do you bury the survivors?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You just had me carefully re-reading, because I've been known to make absurd statements like that. And if you're an anal word-geek like I am, well, the ol' blood pressure goes up at the prospect. It's OK, the heart rate has gone down.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Lexie, I've been looking at my post-surgery posts and I've just been rocking it with misspellings and grammatical errors today.

Don't forget - I once wrote in SR that I married my own tween son because I omitted a comma. You've got a lot of catching up to do if you want to go down to my level.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

actually there IS a car we get in AFTER our fatal accident.....it's called a HEARSE!

isn't language amazing?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Shucks...it wasn't even an "absurd statement".....I didn't think it was anything at all, except an oppprtunity for me to make one of my corny jokes...
I really am sorry that it caused you anxiety....
I know that I make tons of mistakes, all the time....I type very fast and I don't have spellcheck...but, I figure that it is on a forum where people know me very well, by now and I am among friends......I figure I will be forgiven ......

Lets never forget the "porch panties" incident......we all got a good laugh out of that.....
Old 05-16-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
Don't forget - I once wrote in SR that I married my own tween son because I omitted a comma. You've got a lot of catching up to do if you want to go down to my level.
LOL, and I'm the one who busted you on that, and fortunately, we're both good sports. But I really cringe when I do something like that. I recently chatted my colleagues on our public chat about a guy we were interviewing for a vacancy on our team, in which I opined he would make a great "edition" to the team.

Fortunately, this new chat platform we are using allows for editing. Hm, come to think of it, maybe that's where I got "edition"--I had editing on the brain.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

OMG...I shudder to think what the punishment would be for removing tag under penalty of law......
or, even worse...failure to thaw before cooking.....
Old 05-16-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Back to my thread

The children were just told about the divorce.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
A work in progress

How're they doing? How are YOU doing?

Sending a big hug.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Sending a hug too.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

May all the angels of the Universe buzz your family HH!
Old 05-16-2017, 10:07 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
How're they doing? How are YOU doing?

Sending a big hug.
It was the vacation once again that drew it out. My daughter took it hard. Well harder than I'd like. My son was pretty silent and took it too well. He said he already knew. He read my text to a friend. He goes on my phone and a text came through about a playdate. He read past texts. I can't sleep. I cried for 20 minutes. I don't think anyone is sleeping. H is upset I said anything to the children. He wasn't there for the conversation.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

So the thing you really dreaded most is at least behind you, yes?

Sending you a hug. Stay strong.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
So the thing you really dreaded most is at least behind you, yes?
Really??? The whole process bites. I dread it all. One terrible night---more to come.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:27 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry I was insensitive. Sometimes trying to find a tiny bit of encouragement to offer doesn't come across as well as I intended.

Sending you a hug.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
I'm very sorry I was insensitive. Sometimes trying to find a tiny bit of encouragement to offer doesn't come across as well as I intended.

Sending you a hug.
Thank you Ariesagain, talking to my children and the pressure of saying it right was one of my hurdles in this race. Its so much harder with children involved. My daughter wants to live with dad so he has company but she wants to live with me to. I told her that she will have time with dad and all those details is something to be worked out yet. She will have people like the counselor to take to about what she would like but the grown ups have to take lots of stuff into consideration. She lead this conversation through her tears. Son is fine just taking a vacation around the state.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It sounds to me like you handled it VERY well, considering that the timing and circumstances were unplanned. Those were exactly the messages to the kids that you needed to get across to them--that the adults will have to figure things out, but that they will not be losing their dad and that they will be taken care of. Good job!!!
Old 05-17-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

I wouldn't kick yourself too hard for telling your kids about the divorce without him.

Son asked where we are going on vacation? Dad said that mother is cancelling it.
Once he said that, he opened the floodgates and all bets were off. Your kids most likely started looking for clues from the get go. They may have already talked about it amongst themselves.

You told them the truth even though they didn't want to hear it. You told them the truth even though it was painful to say it. They can rely on you. Their dad probably would have given them some BS song and dance routine if he hasn't already.

There may have been a reason why they confronted you alone. I suspect they wanted confirmation of their suspicions with the least amount of drama and the maximum amount of truth. That would mean that he would have to be out of the equation.

You did your best. One obstacle out of the way out of many, but it's one less obstacle.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Many (((((Hugs)))) HH - it sucks but the right thing isn't always the easy thing. Hang in there, kids are FAR more resilient than we realize most of the time.