Update - STBXAH Moving out of state

Old 04-25-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update - STBXAH Moving out of state

Hi everyone !

Just wanted to check in and say hi and update / write. So, this week STBXAH (very soon to be... just a signature away) is moving out of state for a new job. Wow. I really may never see him again. I am overwhelmed - almost all positively. But still, a small part of me mourns the end of our marriage, and I do wish him the best. But overwhelmingly I am so thankful I am out of that mess. What a difference a year makes....

I've learned so much about myself and know I still have a ways to go. But I'm feeling really grateful today for my HP, SR, supportive friends and family and I'm thankful I finally started listening to my gut.

I continue to read a lot here and go to therapy (both life changers) and know those aren't going anywhere anytime soon

To anyone who is new to SR I just want to say that you are not alone and time and self care really will help you come to the right answer for you. I feel like a brand new person - not the "old"-pre AH me, but a better new and improved version who has learned a lot!

Life... what a wild ride!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great!

I pray every single day that my XAH will move far away!!! Someone asked me what I would do if I won the lottery, my answer was pay off he and his wife to stay far away from us!!! I can always dream!

Glad to hear you are in a good place!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Wow, what a nice bonus you're getting!! I think having some physical distance definitely helps. Even if, as a practical matter, you're unlikely to cross paths, there's something about having an ex physically far away just helps in terms of underscoring the OVERness of it.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Far away is definitely better.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Captain M! You deserve this gift of distance! Thanks for letting us know!