Beyond devastated!

Old 04-16-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

How are you doing, LMN? Thinking of you today and sending love and hugs.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

LoveMeNow, I am so sorry about your sister. Love and prayers to you.

My sister is an alcoholic -- her alcoholism started after gastric bypass surgery. I am so so sorry.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My sincere condolences. Truly heartbreaking. I wish you and her daughters peace.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How are you LMN?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thank you everyone for your thought and/or prayers.

We had the Celebration of Life on Saturday evening. It was beautiful. My nieces did a wonderful and thoughtful job planning it. I was amazed by how many people were there. The surprising part wasn't just all their friends who knew my sister but so many of their parents came as well. Several people told similar stories how she changed their lives. Taught them to lighten up, laugh at yourself, appreciate the moment, etc. I heard many of these stories and all I could think......She may be gone but she truly will never be forgotten.

I fly home on Wednesday. Leaving here will bring on so many mixed emotions. But what I have learned over the past few years is to respect "time" and time takes time.

P.s. Thank you Ann, my beautiful friend!!
Old 04-17-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LMN, it is wonderful when people remember the good in a person and let their sickness and bad days fade into the universe. How nice that your nieces honoured her like that and that so many came the share what she meant to them.

Forgive her for not getting the help she needed, nothing can change that, and just embrace the better days before the disease claimed her soul.

When someone I love dies suddenly, it often helps me to take quiet time someplace calming, and just talk to them and tell them the things I would have like to have said before they died. There is something in me that believes that they hear every word and know that they were loved.

Don't be a stranger. When you get home I would love to hear from you and update each other on our lives. I'll bake the cheesecake, you bring the refreshments, and we can mentally sit on a verandah overlooking a lake and just talk old times.

Love you lots, glad you got through all this.

Hugs
Old 04-24-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

LMN - I'm so sorry to hear this news and my thoughts are with you and the family. I haven't been around here much lately and I'm sorry I missed this! I hope you are well.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

A prayer for you and your family, I can't imagine the heartbreak. I had to cut ties with a beloved aunt addicted to prescription meds, couldn't take her abuse, so I understand. A big hug.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your loss, LoveMeNow.