The quacking, akkkkk!!!

Old 04-07-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The quacking, akkkkk!!!

Hi everybody! I haven't been posting much since my son was born, but I had a conversation with my sister yesterday and had to share with people who get it. She has been an alcoholic and drug abuser for decades. Things have seemed a little better for a few years, probably just because we live in different states and I don't really know what goes on with her. Yesterday she called me up and told me that her son's father, who is a felon who also has a long history of drug abuse, is suing for custody after a recent incident. She told me about the incident, but her story was so full of holes. This is the story : she said that she went over to the house of a friend she met years ago in NA and on her way home she started having what seemed like a seizure that came and went. She thought it was a panic attack and went home and took a couple Xanax that she is prescribed but the seizures continued and she ended up getting an ambulance ride to the er. The er doctor thought she must have taken drugs and was having a reaction, and wanted to do a drug test, but my sister says she refused because she has recently smoked pot, but eventually agreed just to prove that she hadn't taken any opiates, and she claims the test showed it. But the doctor said that her reaction was the same as people sometimes have to the antiemetic drugs that are sometimes used to cut heroin, and she gave her an antidote and she was better. So the topper to this prize winning quack is that my sister claims that her NA friend or his roommate must have slipped something in the coffee she drank at their house that caused the seizures! AND, somehow her son's sitter ended up picking her up at the er and wrote her son's father a letter saying that she was drunk and on drugs but she says the woman was lying because she was angry that my sister fired her as the sitter. I'm not sure what I'm looking for except I guess some affirmation on what a wild quack this is and thoughts on whether it's even worth telling her I don't believe her or trying to get the truth. Thanks yall!
Old 04-07-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have any answers but can tell u that my ex bf who is a alcohoholic used to tell me crazy stories like that. Some of his stories were true, and some weren't. The thing is, usually only someone who is doing messed up things gets themselves into such messed up situations.

Thinking about you and your nephew!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In my experience, the more explanation and the more details, the bigger the lie.

This one is impressive.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the affirmation. She tells me these stories with such confidence that it's only afterwards when I have time to think about it that I realize how much BS they probably are,and even then I doubt myself. I'm a very truthful person and have such a hard time believing that someone I love can lie to me like that. I'm very worried about my nephew but feel so powerless
I was relieved to hear that he has been given a guardian ad litem and hope that person will try to protect him from whatever is going on.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow. That is one big huge quack.

Does she actually think you believe any of this?

So sorry...
Old 04-07-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm frankly amazed you could recall the details of this saga sufficiently to recount them. Were you taking notes, or wearing a wire?

Just kidding--that's a whopper, all right!
Old 04-07-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had no idea lawsuits are filed for custody(suing for custody after a recent incident)? is this custody of a child or a house or dog or what?
Old 04-07-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i wouldn't waste time doing either......

any chance there was an "ask" for money in there?
Old 04-07-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Haha, I missed you guys. Thanks for the affirmation that her story was BONKERS! Would you believe that there were more details I left out? She started put telling me about the seizures in great detail to get me feeling scared and protective before she slipped in the drug stuff. And she complained to me that her son's sitter was spreading lies about her for a week or so before the rest of the story came out. I have already started to forget the details. She didn't ask for money, but only because she has a windfall that she's blowing through. I dread the day when she runs out. But for now I am going to try to just hand this over and keep my distance.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
. But for now I am going to try to just hand this over and keep my distance.
^^^^^ perfect.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
I had no idea lawsuits are filed for custody(suing for custody after a recent incident)? is this custody of a child or a house or dog or what?
"Suing for custody" just means filing a legal action to obtain custody of a child. It's the correct term. People also say "filing for custody" or "moving for custody"--it's all pretty much the same thing.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just a FYI. Someone I know just recently had a seizure. He was told that he could not drive for 6 months to make sure that he was seizure free, if he had another seizure, it would be for another 6 months, till I guess the doctor pulls your d/l. Don't know if that is true in all states.