Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 4

Old 08-07-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

So glad things are going well for both of you, Fire Twins.

And firebolt, I can well believe that no big fat Harley is going to keep up w/you!
Old 08-07-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
(hehe....punkin, that thing won't come close to keeping up with mine...)
Personally, I'm having A LOT of fun this summer challenging the boys to keep up with me...... husband included...... it's time to put up or shut up (& dance with me). I got home at 5 am on Sunday.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Personally, I'm having A LOT of fun this summer challenging the boys to keep up with me...... husband included...... it's time to put up or shut up (& dance with me). I got home at 5 am on Sunday.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

It's not MY FAULT there was a rugby team/tournament/thing in town!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Yesterday's interview went perfectly you guys!

2000+ kids applied. Less than 100 were called for final round interviews. 50-60 will be awarded scholarships.

It is SO much bigger than I originally realized - this would set her up with an entirely new student community across the US to connect with via lots of travel, educational camps & exposure to different cultures & communities for the next 5 years. They wanted to be sure she'd be ready to be away from home for 3-4 weeks+ at a time. Most interviews last around 30 mins but ours went over an hour & the counselor said that we were getting into topics that they normally don't address with families until the students have been IN the program for a year or so.

I don't want to jinx anything but her chances are sounding GREAT at this point from all the subtle clues we received...... and even if it doesn't come through, she's on Cloud Nine just for having been considered & realizing how special it was to make it *this* far.

Thank you ALL for your well wishes; we find out in early Sept!
Old 08-08-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
A work in progress

So exciting!! When do they make the final decision? My crossed fingers are cramping.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure he said Sept 1st, lol!

Here's the foundation's info: Young Scholars Program - Scholarship Programs | Jack Kent Cooke Foundation

I'm seriously impressed that 100% of their participants have gone on to attend 4-yr college/universities.

You all remember my deep love for car dancing, right?

I. can't. stop. dancing. to Ed Sheeran's latest, "Shape of You":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwWNGJdvx8
Old 08-09-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

On the mend from a rough bout of tonsillitis - what the heck - who gets that in August?!

Anywho - somewhat thankful for 2 days in bed with Orange Julius and catching up on Game of Thrones. Also grateful to be on the mend and back to work!

Super, SUPER cool on DD, FS! Haha - I'm not much of a car dancer...but I'm a car singer...Whitney Huston hand out style

I'll even sing to the other drivers...

Old 08-09-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Oh yes, we MUST Road Trip together somewhere, some day!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Guilty of car singing here, too. Though, guilt may not be the best word... It's absolutely more fun in the summer, because windows can be rolled down - much to the mortification of a 12yo trying to hide in the back seat.

"Mommm! You. Are. So. Weird." - "Dude-lbug, trust me, it gets worse when you get to high school." *sigh*... he used to love it when I sang silly songs to him as I pushed him through the grocery store in the shopping cart.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Today I am happy that my very most favorite BBQ joint, which closed about 6 weeks ago to move from its weekends-only pop-up location inside a coffee shop to a permanent, 5-days-a-week stand alone restaurant up the street, is FINALLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oooh, I LOVE good BBQ. Not so many great places here in NJ. I always thought that place where Frank Underwood liked to hang out in House of Cards (before he effed up the owner's life) looked cool.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

BBQ, YUM!

A while back I picked up a large foam roller on clearance because I'd been reading about their pre & post-workout use. I figured, why not?

I LOVE this thing! In fact, I need to get online & order a couple of different sizes. It is the BEST way to stretch cramped leg muscles (it happens when I walk a lot) and to massage into areas I normally can't reach without a professional massage.

https://www.oxygenmag.com/training/8...exercises-8595
Old 08-16-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Oh Lawd....

I discovered a new shoe brand. Sorry in advance to any of you other shoe-a-holics for the trigger....thankfully, they don't have as many styles I'm in love with as Fluevogs do...

Check out the Neosens!

Grateful that I'm able to work my butt off to support a couple hobbies!

Old 08-21-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

(apologies if I've already shared this gratitude - it's come up a few times in recent months )

This weekend DD & I were alone at home & getting ready to go out for the day & as we were walking around the house in a state of undress (or half-dressed, lol) helping each other with necklaces, etc - it occurred to me that I was NEVER comfortable walking around in my own house in a sports bra & underwear as a young teen - nor did my mother encourage that comfort level in us girls.

I'm SO humbled by her healthy body image, even though I know she struggles in "normal" ways like every other still-developing 13-yr old girl. I'm SO proud of myself for healing Me enough to lead her differently through these kinds of issues than what I was raised to consider normal & acceptable.... every time she asks me an uncomfortable question that would have never crossed my own young lips, my inner Self fist-pumps in Victory - WooHoo for healthy body image!
Old 08-21-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

FS, congratulations on raising TWO healthy, whole, joyful ladies--you and DD!!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Pssssst!

SHE GOT THE SCHOLARSHIP!

We just got the call late yesterday afternoon & I'm running like mad today (still trying to get back to functioning following this hurricane), but I wanted to update you guys & let you know that all the cramping from crossed fingers has paid off.

I'm so overwhelmed & humbled by the low-lows & high-highs of roller-coasting through these last 2 weeks. My recovery has been in overdrive and really paying off but now I'm dealing with the aftermath of dealing with an extended crisis - adrenal fatigue, etc.

THANK YOU ALL for your ongoing prayers & positive thoughts!!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

FireSprite!
HOW FREAKING AWESOME!!!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Grateful for a peaceful evening at home while AH is out to a show with a friend. As the designated driver, he says and I truly hope for his sake. But I am going to enjoy relaxing with my thoughts, and packing for a weekend retreat away with a friend.