Finally understood why No contact is important

Old 04-03-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ituvia....you want the pain of grieving to be over.....But, as I have said, so many times....it takes weeks to months for the grieving (on average) to taper off....It takes more time that you want it to....
Your job is to go on living day to day as you deal with the grieving.....
Old 04-05-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I have attended three sessions with a therapist and he has prescribed me SSRIs. Well, I am going to be taking them from today and I hope they help. I also poured everything I was feeling and he just listened and listened. I also told him about all my failed relationships, hope he helps in the coming sessions. It's expensive but necessary, I suppose.

It's raining here now and I felt so incredibly sad and missed him so much. If he were here he would've suggested we drink because it's such a romantic weather and whatnot. I would've hated it. But being alone and lonely makes even *that* acceptable. I don't know I just miss him.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Believe it or not ltuvia, if you keep moving forward on the path to recovery, there will come a time when being alone with yourself will be something you treasure, whether it's raining or not.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

It's expensive but necessary, I suppose.
It is! YOU are worth it! Like Sparkle Kitty said - if you keep moving forward, you will get through it.

Always remember - they are our drug, like alcohol is theirs. If we keep reaching out for our drug, it will keep US from recovering, and from healing. You can do this - you miss him because you are grieving. It is NORMAL. These wounds take time. (((HUGS)))