The ride pt 2... posting here instead of screaming at him

Old 03-29-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow, you GO!!! How empowering- please keep us posted and good luck with this mess!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mlo1125 View Post
I will try to find an agency to call LexieCat, thanks. I was thinking that if worst came to worst, I could call child services and ask them for help having him removed from the house so I can maybe sidestep the law and police and red tape for now.
He just found out that he is $50 short of the money to take an uber, it's 175. He has a check for $50 and he asked me to cash it out because it won't clear by 2am. He's so passed right now, I told him I would cash it out if he called his mom and ex wife to let them know he relapsed so they can decide whether or not they will let him see his son. I kind of did it just to mess with him, silly, I know. But it make me smile for the first time today watching him look defeated.
Just my own opinion, I would take the $100 and drive him yourself if that's the last resort, then buy yourself and kid a nice dinner. At least having him gone will be a big positive to have him out of your hair for a little while.
From there get things squared away with the advocates and possibly a lawyer so hopefully you can get yourself out of this mess.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You're pretty freakin' amazing, woman.

Sending strength and prayers.
^^^ And another here who thinks you are doing great . . . . not to minimize how completely &^%$#@! it is to have to do what you are doing.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cheering for you - you sound amazing in a bat$h!t crazy situation.

I understand you wanting him to take a breathylizer - it's tough when you have someone you love and maybe used to respect telling you you are crazy for thinking they are drinking. However I'm with Lexie - part of our issues are not trusting our own gut. Yours is correct. Tried and true. You can listen to it now. It is valid!

Hang in there - you are doing all the right things!