Update!

Old 12-20-2001, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Update!

Well, I knew Dad couldn't be trusted to be alone even for a minute. But, I didn't expect to hear the Doctor say the same. Dad has so very many things wrong with him now that the Dr. has ordered him to a nursing home as he needs round the clock care. I know it is for the best. But, it is so sad that he has been reduced to this. It just goes to show that if you play, you pay. Dad is lucky to be alive. Dr. says that his blood alcohol was .392. He was so anemic that he was lethal. They have given him 4 pints of blood and giving him more today. All he does is eat and sleep. Which is the best thing. Dr says that he worries now of dementia. Dad always feared losing him mind like his father did. Now he will. But, I am reminded daily that Dad asked to go to the hospital. And that he didn't want to die. At least there is that...
Old 12-20-2001, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow and ow. Relieving and depressing at the same time. At least this gives him a chance. Hang in there.

Smoke
Old 12-20-2001, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Good luck to you and your Family you are in our prayers! Happy Holidays to you!
Old 12-21-2001, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for the well wishes. Seems like we may need them more than ever. Dad took a turn for the worse today. He has a high fever and is going into full blown DT's. They wanted to move him up to the mental ward, as they were more equiped to assist with his withdrawal. But the Dr would not allow it as he is unstable. Thank you for and please keep us in your prayers.