I was ready

Old 03-26-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, that's good to hear. I'd suggest trying to smack down those little thoughts, because this: Entertaining those doubting thoughts, by not merely letting them pass through your mind, but rather inviting them to come in and make themselves at home is very similar to the thought processes of the newly sober alcoholic who starts mulling and thinking, "Hey, things really weren't so terrible, I hear lots of people in the rooms who were a much bigger mess than I was, maybe I jumped the gun by thinking I need to quit drinking FOREVER." The more they think about it, the more likely they'll talk themselves right into a drink.

Same with you. If you keep analyzing those thoughts, you could talk yourself right out of this.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

HeartHealth......your own words, at the beginning of this thread were....."I am stalling because I can't drop the rope"......
Old 03-27-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Dandylion
Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
I was ready to put down a retainer if I liked the lawyer but now is not the time. I should wait. I feel like HP had it all planned out almost 3 years ago but my self will got in the way. UGH. Now HP is teaching me patience. I must wait and accept that now is not the right time. I must focus on my children and myself.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

HeartHelth....you are right...and I am wrong. That quote was not in the beginning of this thread.
It was taken (by me) from a thread, from one of your threads, last year....
Those words stuck in my mind...lol....
I think I remembered them because, I thought it showed some insight...

I can see where you probably think that all of us are really "pushy"....
You have stated you unhappiness with the marriage and say that you are so ready for this to be over.....so, the helpful group that we are ....we try to help you with summoning the courage to go forward....

I apologize....
Old 03-28-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I am ready

I've listened, I've watched, I've talked. I second guessed myself numerous times. I didn't take this action in a whim. I am ready. It won't be at his convenience. It will be at mine. Life is about to change for all of us.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

HH, change is scary. There is no way of getting around that. However, nothing changes if nothing changes, you just get stuck on the merry-go-round of misery.

Hugs to you friend.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
I've listened, I've watched, I've talked. I second guessed myself numerous times. I didn't take this action in a whim. I am ready. It won't be at his convenience. It will be at mine. Life is about to change for all of us.
Attagirl--you've got this!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It sounds like you could be me. I took that step last week. Actually, it's been easier than I thought it would be. I was more ready than I realized. But I had to get to that point myself. So tired of it all! The support here has been one of the reasons I'm doing as well as I am. You can do it. You deserve it!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hugs Hearthealth <3 My thoughts and prayers are with you while you make these huge changes in your life.