Newly sober wife wants a divorce

Old 03-10-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Roatan???? go for it!
Old 03-10-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

qwerty-
Were you able to go to that Al-Anon meeting Wednesday? I think you would find great comfort there also.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good for you for making a decision to go to an Al Anon meeting!!

They have been such a great help to me!

Learn and believe in the 3 C's

1.You didn't CAUSE it
2.You can't CONTROL it
3. You can't CURE it

You can learn to better yourself and work on healing your hurts.
Good luck- let us know how it goes!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Dandy calls it the "free bleeding" phase; I call it the glow-in-the-dark-psychedelic-pain phase. Whatever you call it it is beyond, beyond excruciating. It has been decades and I still remember that pain.

Hang tough Qwerty. It does get better but not on a time schedule that anyone of us would choose.

I'm a chronic depressive so have had to work to keep going in my life more often than not. Keep breathing and putting one foot in front of the other; if you don't feel you can stand then just try to crawl. Anything you do at this point in time is huge.

On bad days, I often set 3 tiny goals for myself and then do them. For example: floss, start a load of laundry and get a bag out of the car.

I still remember that time as one of the hardest in my entire life. Keep posting Qwerty.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Haven't made it to al anon yet. Hard to just get out of the house. Keep sining down deeper. Want to feel hope, but I just don't see any. My brain knows all the things everyone has said. But I still end up thinking about the end.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

qwerty.....I hope you will push yourself to have more human contact. Any human contact.....as it will give you some "pieces" of relief.....
Will you go to the you-tube presentations that I mentioned? You don't have to leave the house for that.....
Old 03-12-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Just wanted to take a second to thanks everyone here that has tried to help. You are good people.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
I'll make you a "vue due" doll for only $5k USD!! LOL. (It wouldn't let me spell it correctly for some reason!)
Sorry, can the mod please take down my last two posts? The post I was referring to was taken down so my posts look pretty dumb, thanks!
Old 06-11-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Sorry, can the mod please take down my last two posts?
Got it. Sometimes the server can be really dumb.

Mike
Old 08-09-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just checking back in. I'm still alive, but it hasn't been easy. I feel so lost and alone still. My thoughts turn to suicide on a pretty regular basis. Can't believe that I am all alone at this point in my life. No job, no home, no friends. And the love of my life is so much happier now without me.
Not sure why I'm writing this here. Nothing much left to be said.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, if you're thinking suicide on a regular basis, that's more than ordinary grief (which is to be expected). Can you get a referral for some mental health treatment? Depression is no joke. You can build a wonderful NEW life for yourself, but you have to get the depression out of the way so you can see the possibilities.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

qwerty.....I am in agreement with Lexie on the need to seek some professional help.....
You do sound depressed...and depression can be treated....

Are you still isolating in the house?
How is it that you are unemployed?

Talk to us....

Lots of people, here, have been exactly where you are......
Old 08-09-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I know I'm depressed. Just not sure if it's worth the fight anymore.
I tried moving to the island (Roatan) that I mentioned. I'm there now. But I'm still alone. Still missing her all the time. I tried a small Al Anon group here, but it didn't help.
I was laid off just before she left me (the same week).
It's our anniversary in a couple of weeks (Aug 22nd). Don't know how to deal with that at all.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

qwerthy......I do understand how difficult the first anniversary is....and grieving is so painful.....I have been there, myself.....
But, you can't let the depression go....
Depression makes everything look and feel so negative.....
Remember that it is not a permanent thing.....

I will, now, give you a valuable pearl of information....
"Action first...then, feelings follow".....

Take yourself out of the house every day......and, get around people and something living.....I really don't care how you do it...just do it....
Go for a long walk until you get tired....go to a park and feed the pigeons or alligators.....cry while you do it, if that helps....go to a coffee shop and find someone to smile at....

Make an appointment to see someone...today. See the person today.....
If you can't find someone, right away....Go to a hospital and tell a doctor about how you are feeling....(there MUST be a hospital or some sort of medical facility, where you are).....
Push yourself....beat your own self with a stick if you have to....remember, action before feelings.....don't wait until you FEEL better to get help.....

Life is sacred and life is precious...it is not something that you can just throw away.

And, I am glad that you are posting....
Pleas keep doing so!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by qwerty1029 View Post
I know I'm depressed. Just not sure if it's worth the fight anymore.
OK, assume that is the depression talking. Are you willing to speculate that MAYBE, if the depression weren't in the way, it might turn out that there are some good things in life? Not that you will feel better instantly, but that you might eventually have a good life again?

Many of us here have found ourselves pretty much starting over at some point, having lost someone dear to us. It takes time, but life DOES get better. We aren't just making that up.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi qwerty,I don't know how long ago this was but I'm going through a similar thing.You need alanon.How are you doing now,I'm struggling with a new separation but doing well one day at a time.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

P.s Qwerty.Dont let her take you out.Stand up,alcoholics and addicts can be so selfish.Put yourself first,toughen up and get strong.You can be depressed, struggle and all of that,but don't let some selfish cow bring you down
Old 12-29-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Catdog. I hope Qwerty is okay as well, although this is a bit of an old thread and I'm now sure he's around much any more.

I noticed that these were your first posts as a newcomer. Why not introduce yourself on a new thread and let people know what brings you here. People are always keen to help or support.

Anyway. Welcome.

BB
Old 03-29-2018, 11:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Just checking back in. Still here. Still trying to figure stuff out. Still hurts like a SOB. Bought some land here. Building a house.
Hate doing it alone. So many times I want to ask her what she thinks, what she would do.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by qwerty1029 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Spent an hour in tears at the therapist yesterday. But it helped to talk. I only have the one friend I can really talk to about this. She is coming over tomorrow to see me and talk. That will help as well I hope.
Qwerty, I know it hurts but tbh you can never really take the word of an active alcoholic seriously. For now, go no contact with your wife, use the time of separation to build yourself up going to al anon, therapy, reading, looking for a new job, etc
Once you start working again, you will have less time to dwell on the current circumstances. It is also better in the long run if your wife works on herself. Mourn what was, the old marriage, that marriage was not working so well, there could well be an opportunity to build a new one but you have to do the work also.