Update Hello

Old 02-21-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update Hello

Hi All-
I haven't been on in a while. The divorce was final in January. My lawyer has filed the financial statements on my behalf and he has until March 20 to file his. My guess is it will be right on March 20. Then we have a hearing on property division and alimony. Almost done. I feel so much calmer now.

I left May 2016. I have noticed when I wake up in the morning I feel happy. I have been dating again but have not found anyone I would enjoy seeing for a second date. My life is very full with friends, work, and hobbies. Also working hard to stay healthy in every way- and I look forward to my Alanon meetings. I really enjoy the fellowship now.

Well that's all for now. Everyone hang in there! Peace and Serenity to you!

QTPI
Old 02-22-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sound awesome, my friend. Good for you for finding your voice and taking charge of your life.

Congratulations qtpi!!!! So proud of you!! Keep moving forward!!!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds GREAT, kiddo! I'm so happy you're getting some peace and joy in your life.

Thanks for the upbeat update!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds peaceful, qtpi. Good for you.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so happy that all your hard work is reaping such amazing rewards. You sound so peaceful and happy! Keep taking care of yourself and enjoying life Soon it will be officially over and can be put behind you and never have to worry or do anything to do with it again.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

QTPI - You sound amazing! Thanks for posting and letting us know. I've been feeling a little down the past week and your post was a nice reminder that nothing is permanent - everything changes. It's good to hear that you're feeling SO good! Congratulations!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

awww yeah! Thanks for the awesome update, qtpi! So happy for you - keep it up up up!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're doing so wonderfully!!! It gives me hope!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you SaveYourHeart. To get here, I had to give up hope that XAH would change. I developed hope that my life would be better. What do I hope for now? I would like to have a good marriage someday- but I realized staying with XAH would never get me that. And I realized I would rather be alone than be in a marriage where, in addition to being alcoholic, he did not love me and even told me he deeply resented my happiness.

Even though I hope for a loving marriage, if it never happens, I am still enjoying my life. I have good work, friends, and hobbies. I hope to own my home one day and to be able to semi-retire. I am starting to date. I hope to travel to some interesting places.

Go for it, SaveYourHeart!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you!!!!