Our own recovery

Old 02-24-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes, he's done it again. Another note worthy week and not for good deeds. Everyone's treating me like I'm greiving but him. I read over that link Danylion sent me. Wrote down some questions. Anything else I can do until this lawyer appointment? He's got to know somethings up by my demeanor but I can't take it anymore. He came home late from work smelling of that weird smell. I'm just done. How long before meeting and serving? What happens during the shock phase. Should I be home or not home?
Old 02-24-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

These are decisions only you can make HH, and a lot may depend on how much you can stand to be around your AH.
From a strategic POV keeping your plans to yourself will be the best way to go. How are the finances, and can you protect him from taking everything? How physically ready are you to move?
I would wait until your appointment with your lawyer and have a list of questions ready. Waiting is the worst time, I know.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hearthealth, If you haven't already done this....google the cycle of abuse....and you will get a number of websites devoted to abuse...most all of them will give you lists of things to do I'm preparation and.....and things that you may not have thought about...practical things.....
Be sure to hide your search history, on your computer, or use a safe computer, outside the house....like in the library.....
Old 03-03-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

He was never there for me. The major times when I needed him to be there for me he got angry and destructive most of the time or stayed distant. Why would he do that? But a better question is why would I allow it to happen. All the thoughts that I wanted him to change was just that, thoughts. I wanted but he was the one that needed to put in the effort to change. I needed to put in the effort to say and act on the fact that I don't want this in my children's life or my life. Life doesn't have to be this way.